IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3- Smart RAM Utility Issue

siliconman01

Am running ASC 3.0.0 on Vista SP1 Business with dual monitors.

When I open the Smart RAM utility, it opens off to the right of the primary monitor and spans over onto the secondary monitor. Can you make this window open centered on the primary monitor?

Also, when clicking on X in the upper right corner to close the program, it minimizes to the Notification Tray. I recommend that clicking on the X totally close down Smart RAM if the setting options "Run at Windows Startup" is not selected. The Minimize hot button can be used to minimize it to the Notification Tray...which it does.

after looking around.........

Hi siliconman01-I'm not going to say this can't be an Iobit related issue,however,with no such problem ever reported on this forum(to my knowledge)and the fact that your version of Ultra Mon is still in beta,I think you should try one of two things:if you can,create a single monitor scenario or disable your software so you can look at only one monitor. I would also suggest that you take a look here and check out post #6 by DangerlsGo-this problem is "similar" to yours.Though all of your other applications may be projecting correctly and independently across two monitors,this does not automatically shift the blame to the Iobit utility.Hopefully someone else will weigh in on this issue,but meanwhile I suggest you scour that forum and post your problem there as well(if you haven't done so already)Best of luck with this issue

Problem Solving 101

Hi again,Another thought just occurred-should you decide to utilize the "Hard Forum",seek out an ASC user.If there are none to be found,try to convince someone to install the utility.Now,if they are reluctant,advise them not to run any of the repair functions,but to only open the Smart Ram GUI,and note the results.Now,with this information at your disposal,I think you can make the playing field very narrow in a big hurry.What do you think?

I've turned off UltraMon completely on my Vista SP1 system and the SMART RAM still offsets to the right and overlaps into the second monitor.

On my XP-SP3 computer with only one monitor and no UltraMon, SMART RAM opens centered as you state yours does.

It is a dual monitor issue that SMART RAM does not handle correctly. SMART RAM sees both monitors as one screen and opens centered to that one screen...which causes it to overlap both monitors.

detailer,

Thanks very much for your input on my issue with Smart Ram.

The issue that DangerIsGo is having with wallpapers is definitely not an issue that my system has...as you can see from my screen shot. I haven't tried to convince any users over at Hard Forum to install ASC and replicate the Smart Ram problem.

I would think that IOBit has systems with dual monitors running Vista that they can use in their lab to resolve this problem.

If there is a suspicion that UltraMon is causing it, UltraMon is a free download for trial. However, I personally am convinced it is not the problem. It could be caused by the nVidia driver for my nVidia 8800 GTX graphics card. I'm using the latest driver from nVidia --180.48. I would think other programs on my system would have this problem if it were the driver or UltraMon...and they do not.

• 1 month later...

Archived