IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASCU7 and Protected Folder

Solarsails

I registered ASC Ultimate 7. Now every time I turn around there's another program bundled with ASC that needs to be purchased. I thought I'd try Protected Folder to lock a single file and it turns out that it needs to be REGISTERED. I started it 3 times and now only have 17 more times to start it. Actually let me tell you how I feel about this: IT SUCKS!

Is it ASC Ultimate or "ASC Ultimately you have to register each program individually"?

his marketing crap from IOBit is getting tiresome and rather insulting. I don't believe in this annual reg stuff to begin with (I believe that If you buy it it should stay active for eternity, I mean just because you spent the money I bought it with doesn't mean that its no longer payed for--- You all are GREEDY, but to say I'm paying to register this software and then IOBit expects me to shell out to run each program is pure BS! Guess what?! I have a solution: I'm going back to Symantec and using Norton Utilities (At least I know what I'm getting and not falling into some shady registration fee con game / trap)....

Solarsails, I wish I could welcome you to IObit Forum, but your language against IObit is not acceptable.

This is not fair and not correct too!

There are stand alone IObit products which have Free and Pro versions.

ASC Free (and Pro) and ASCU have more than 25 tools (30 in ASC 8 case) and some of them can be used only by ASC Pro and ASCU,

In those 25 programs, some (6-7) are shortcuts to open (or if you don't have, to download and install) stand alone IObit programs which have free and pro versions. In ASC 8, they are under IObit Products tab and only 3 of them have Pro options, if you want to use so.

Protected Folder is an exception to have limited trial version for 20 usage, available for a very long time now, and shortcut in Tools of ASC is even not included in ASC 8. (Most probably will not be included in ASCU 8 as well.)

A User buying ASCU, is buying ASC Pro plus comprehensive virus protection with BitDefender engine. Ultimate is for Virus protection.

If anybody would like to use Pro versions of stand alone IObit Products, he/she should separately buy them, or otherwise use the free versions. A quick visit to IObit web page could reveal that.

There are possibilities that sometimes, more than one product is bundled for buying for cheaper amounts in IObit web pages.

I believe, your misbelief in this annual reg stuff makes you biased against IObit's Paid Products.

Now every time I turn around there's another program bundled with ASC that needs to be purchased.

FYI, THOSE PROGRAMS ARE NOT BUNDLED WITH ASC or ASCU. AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO PURCHASE PRO VERSIONS IF YOU WANT TO USE THEM AS PRO, OTHERWISE YOU CAN USE THEM AS FREE VERSIONS.

All the best for you with your solution!

Archived