IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3 Vista 64-bit Compatible?

siliconman01

Hi siliconman01,

I will be glad too, if an IObit guru answers that.

As far as I know, even later versions of AWC2 was Vista 64 bit compatible. (Ref. this post.) I believe ASC 3.01 is also compatible with Vista Home x64, but I am not sure of some of the utilities.

Quote of IObit from their AWC_pad_file.xml

<Program_OS_Support>WinXP,Windows2000,Windows Vista Starter,Windows Vista Home Basic,Windows Vista Home Premium,Windows Vista Business,Windows Vista Enterprise,Windows Vista Ultimate,Windows Vista Home Basic x64,Windows Vista Home Premium x64</Program_OS_Support>

Cheers.

not good enough for you?

Hi siliconman01-Sorry that link did not work for you-try this-go here and scroll down to <Program OS Support>It clearly indicates support of Vista 64 bit-you should see text nearly identical to Enoskype's post-This info was obtained by visiting Iobit.com-selecting ASC under products,and conducting a search for "Vista compatible"-better luck this time

Hi guys,

The file, detailer points out, is Portable Application Description of ASC 3.01

Generally, you can learn a program's origin and details from that file which exists in their web site.

(That's how we have found out the source of a Copyright Infringement of AWC in the past. Check the last link in post#11 in this thread please.)

PAD is the Portable Application Description, and it helps authors provide product descriptions and specifications to online sources in a standard way, using a standard data format that will allow webmasters and program librarians to automate program listings.

For more info go to: http://www.asp-shareware.org/pad/

Thank you detailer and cheers.

Does PAD always reflect the reality?

Although this post should belong to Smart Defrag section, it can be an example to ASC and PAD file also.

When you read this post about the compatability of SD with 64 bit, it is clear that SD is used in windows 64 bit OSs (also seems to be confirmed by IObit), but, when you read the PAD of SD, (SD 1.03) you will not see any mention of 64 bit in </Program_OS_Support> .

Can that be the reason of some users' hesitation.

Interesting, isn't it?

Cheers.

Archived