IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Oh my god, Iobit is owned by the Chinese government.

Iamjoeyc

Hello Iamjoeyc,

First, welcome to IObit forum.

IObit is started by IObitGuy and Tim, you can use this forum ID to find their threads and posts. They are not as active as the previous years, but IObit Support Team, especially Cicely and all volunteer IObit moderators and administrators are here to help users.

As most forum users may know, IObit has office in China, where has our main labour resource. But we also has an office in California and also in Hongkong. I am not sure where you get the information in your post. But none of them are true. IObit was, is never owned by Chinese government and we are fighter of any online threats.

Even though we pursue the freedom of speech. But say something is not true, especially something that slander a good company's reputation is not a good practice in any country any time. We forgive you this time as we understand that some people sometimes act too fast without think. But hope this is the last time you spread such kind of false information on Internet.

Otherwise, IObit reserves all rights to take the correct action.

Last, wish you have a pleasure stay on IObit forum.

Cicely,

Nothing in my post about the ownership was incorrect! Why do you deny facts that are verifiable by almost anyone if they just take the time to research? When I first bought “IObit” products I thought they were a California owned and operated business. (which they may have been at one time.) But currently I could find no government license issuance for any of the name associated with IObit listed in the state of California.

IObit is indeed owned by a Chinese Corporation. It operates under “GET Holdings Limited.” The company formerly known as "M Dream Inworld Limited" changed its name to "GET Holdings Limited" in November 2014.

The “Apperience Corporation” originally incorporated as a Cayman Islands Corporation, was the original listed owner of the US Trademark of IObit. However, the Apperience Corporation and its trademarked products of IObit and Bluespring were purchased by M Dream Inworld Limited in 2013.

http://www.geth.com.hk/publicsite/website/en/announcement/GLN20130807063.pdf

The current “Get Holdings LLC” which is traded on the Hong Kong stock exchange is made up of dozens of other companies. Many, that I found with direct ties to government offices within the People's Republic of China (PRC)

Many of the same names of stockholders and directors appear in the multiple companies, owned directly, or operated by people with direct ties to PRC. One should note that, in spite of the creation of a complex investment vehicle called a “variable interest entity” all companies within the PRC are owned and or controlled by the government and no foreign ownership is permitted by national law. I think China’s hunger for access to the world money markets through the HKEx Group is well documented. Unlike other world stock market Which are privately held exchanges the HKEx is government owned.

There are far too many ties to the PRC to list in this forum. However; here is just one excerpt, from just one of the old listed companies making up the current “Get Holdings”:

“A company controlled by a former, a the Group’s wholly owned subsidiary,

???? ??????????(“Guang Tai Yichang (Beijing) Technology Co.,

Ltd.”), entered into a framework agreement with ????????

(“Greatsource Holding Co., Ltd.”), a PRC company which is controlled by Ms. Li Fang Hong, a former Executive Director and former substantial shareholder of the Company,

and her associate(s)”

The above is just one of many from official Company records.

The "Get Holding Limit Company" even shows “IObit” as belonging to them.

http://www.geth.com.hk/publicsite/website/en/product.aspx

Below is the Official information listed by the GEM, (the Hong Kong, Stock Exchange reporting entity)

“GET Holdings Limited”, an investment holding company, engages in the research, development, and distribution of personal computer performance software, anti-virus software, mobile phone applications, and toolbar advertisements in the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, Russia, Japan, and internationally. The company also offers Website development services, and e-learning products and services; and insurance and mandatory provident fund schemes brokerage services, as well as is involved in the securities investment and money lending businesses. In addition, it engages in the provision of corporate management solutions and information technology contract services; and network infrastructure solutions and network professional services, as well as in the re-sale of hardware and software. The company was formerly known as M Dream Inworld Limited and changed its name to GET Holdings Limited in November 2014. GET Holdings Limited was incorporated in 2001 and is headquartered in Wanchai, Hong Kong.

As to whither IObit software allows or installs spyware and other computer bugs, let me be clear! I am not an expert in computers, so I cannot state with impunity that IObit products carry and install these spyware and other malicious software.

However, there is an old American saying, “If there is smoke, there is fire.” With that in mind, there are plenty of articles listing claims and reports of computer attacks from the Chinese Government; in fact, The PRC does not deny that these kinds of attacks are part of their (supposed) defense plans. Taking into account all the recent adverse reporting about many of the origins of the world’s spyware, malware, computer break-ins, and viruses, it only seems imprudent to me to continue using a product that I no long feel is safe to use.

I will acknowledge that not every complaint, negative report, or editorial on the internet should be taken as gospel imparted from a burning bush. Nonetheless, I was unaware of how much negativity was posted about “IObit” and its sister products. There are literally thousands of complaints and warnings that I had not seen before my research over these last few days.

Here is just a few examples:

https://shanegowland.com/tech/2012/iobit-is-a-sucky-company/

https://shanegowland.com/tech/2012/iobit-is-distributing-malware-again/

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/33217-iobit-theft-conclusion/

Here is a very recent “YouTube” link from one of the latest test of the current version of MF3, The tester did a very detailed and lengthy test (36 plus minutes of review, demonstrations, and tests) in the end MF3 did very poorly :

Now tell me, why I should trust IObit? Please, I really want to! Because I like the one stop, does it all, component of your product.

Archived