IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Booster

Larkina

Hi Larkina,

When you go to select a program you want to open, right click on the icon, then from the drop down menu select "Boost with Advanced Windows Care". It will run a quick command prompt window, then the program will open. This will set the program to run on a high priority above background services and run faster. This will be available for most programs, but not all. If the boost doesn't show on the drop down menu when you right click it is not available. (try it next time you open your browser. Works slick!)

samr.

Hi Satlantis & Larkina,

I didn't mean to cause confusion about the post about using the boost to open browser. It will not work on IE7- I usually use the AT&T browser (plug in) and it does work on it.But try it on some of your larger programs. You should notice that they will run faster.

samr.

Dear Samr,

I appreciate you answering my forum post and deleting the error, ( the forum appears to be working just fine), but there is one issue I would like to adress. Boost does work with IE7, its just that it worked with the exacutable, and the quick lauch shortcut. However, it didnt work with the desktop shortcut. Is there an explanantion?

S-Atlantis

IE7 Boost

Hi Satlantis,

I went to start menu, right clicked on Internet explorer and "send to-desktop-create a shortcut" and put a desktop shortcut to IE7. Boost works fine there. We'll see if Tim can answer your question, but this is a work-around.

samr.

Hi Satlantis,

Here is Tim's answer to the question.

"I think it is caused by the Windows settings. Maybe there is something different for IE7. The feature in AWC v2 is very simple, it will be improved in AWC v3."

Bear in mind, the Boost function was added before IE7. It will be interesting to see the improvements for v.3. In the meantime, the above work-around should do the trick.

samr.

• 3 years later...

Booster

i use it for world of Warcraft Religousely + Crysis Wars + Dirt2, i did noticed no gains when used on shortcuts, havn't made one from start menu yet, but i use a shortcut to the folders that contains my games, then the old Right click and then " Boost with" then i barely have time to close the folder :)

Game booster + "Boost with" + Smart Ram = Iobit slut

everything works great...

but i wish i could get the info to add 'boost with' to a cmd (comandline)

example

C:\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe -B

(where -B is enacting "boost with") or somthing of the sort

one would just need to modify there shortcut once, and then it should always "boost with" or if that didn't work, creating a shortcut out of a script that ran "boost with" appended... it would be sick

Hi edwardo1010,

Have you tried setting the program to high priority in task manager? I know it isn't permanent, but there is a free program called "prio" that will allow you to save the priority. Just a thought.

samr

Archived