IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Some questions about IObit SmartDefrag Beta 1.0

1) will there be alot of changes in beta 1.1 next weekend anything new?

2) for the settings defrag frequent visited files,defrag recent used files and defrag system directories work know? and how does it keep the computer at top speed?

3) whats better to use express defrag or comprehensive defrag? when closeing programs does it defrag it again when closeing the program and reopening it latter.

4) why is iobit smart defrag different from other defrags and how does the auto defrag work?

1) Beta 1.1 will include bug-fixing and new interface.

2) Disk fragmentation is generally main cause of slow and unstable PC performance. And the slow down of Windows is caused by only 20% fragmentation of all. This 20% fragmentation includes frequent visited files, recent used files and system directories.

3) We suggest you using "comprehensive defrag" once per month. "Express defrag" can be used whenever you want to.

4)

Easy 2 Use

Install it and forget it. The intuitive interface makes IObit SmartDefrag the ideal utility for complete dummies.

Super Efficient Defragmentation

No more long time waiting, IObit SmartDefrag has the fastest defragment engine in the world and finishes the job just in minutes.

Always-on Working

IObit SmartDefrag works automatically and quietly in the background, constantly keeps your computer fragment-free.

Optimize File System

Not just simple defragment, IObit SmartDefrag also streamlines the file system and makes your computer run at the top speed.

Free and Free

IObit SmartDefrag is 100% freeware. You can get it and update it without any penny.

iobit defrag

when i go into a program like aol it opens up fast when i close the program i see the hard drive light blinking for a few mintues if i reopen it before it finish blinking the program opens up slower but if i wait for the light to stop blinking red i will open faster why?

• 2 months later...

Defrag timing

I just saw your note about the fast defrag engine so have a question,........I normally defrag once a week or more if I have loaded new Fkight Sim programs, but I started smart defrag (beta 1.1) a few hours ago and it is only on 66%, that is my "C" drive with FS and many add-ons, but it seems a long time............also did the Optimizer program, so that may have scattered everything, any quick suggestions???...........also I read that updates are avail, this program does not come up on upgrade settings, again, your thoughts regards, B42L8

re:defrag timing

Hi B42L8,

The first time I ran Smart Defrag manual defrag in comprehensive mode it took quite a while to optimize the disc (like 1 1/2 hrs!-still less than windows defrag). Next time was much quicker. After doing it once, the express defrag usually takes 3-5 minutes! (but not a lot on my disc ). I think after the disc is optimized the first time it will go a LOT faster.

samr.

Samr, many thanks for the info, sounds like a good plan............the smart defrag is now at 81%, so something is working!! re tehe 2.0, where did you get that one?? I used the update and it took me to another site with a bunch of download paths, I did not use the authors site but took the firs tone maybe one of the others have 2.0??

Hi B42L8,

Glad I could help. Be aware that some people are having problems w/ v 2.0 hanging up and not allowing windows to log off or shut down. Still a mystery, but if you experience this problem, see posts in "post suggestions, bug report here" topic.

samr.

Archived