IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

When dual booting Vista with XP...

OK so my Vista partition is on the C: drive and then my XP is on the D: drive IN VISTA. But then when I load my XP then it still shows my Vista partition as C: and my XP partition as I:. So therefore it would be auto defragging my Vista instead of XP which is pointless of auto defragging then. You guys need to have an options where you can select your drive or drives to be auto defragged. This would be very helpful with people with more than 1 partition or more than 1 hard drive. It would be nice actually, if it would auto defrag all of your partitions and hard drives if you set it to.

Hi derek

I do not know Vista.

Do you have SmartDefrag installed on both Vista and XP?

I have two disks - and both are shown and can be defragmented in my XP.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. but you are right, it would be nice with a function that allowed for multiple partitions or disks.

OK so my Vista partition is on the C: drive and then my XP is on the D: drive IN VISTA. But then when I load my XP then it still shows my Vista partition as C: and my XP partition as I:. So therefore it would be auto defragging my Vista instead of XP which is pointless of auto defragging then. You guys need to have an options where you can select your drive or drives to be auto defragged. This would be very helpful with people with more than 1 partition or more than 1 hard drive. It would be nice actually, if it would auto defrag all of your partitions and hard drives if you set it to.

Yes I have Smart Defrag 1.03 installed on both Vista and XP. On my Vista it says that Vista IS installed on the C: drive and auto defrags it just fine. But when I'm in my XP it says the system drive (or active drive) is C: (Vista) and the XP drive is actually I:, so in my XP it says Vista is the system drive or active OS, so it defrags Vista in my XP (don't want that), it needs to defrag my I: partition which XP is on. I need a developer to see this post.

Yes I have Smart Defrag 1.03 installed on both Vista and XP. On my Vista it says that Vista IS installed on the C: drive and auto defrags it just fine. But when I'm in my XP it says the system drive (or active drive) is C: (Vista) and the XP drive is actually I:, so in my XP it says Vista is the system drive or active OS, so it defrags Vista in my XP (don't want that), it needs to defrag my I: partition which XP is on. I need a developer to see this post.

you can send it to support on the main site. they wont reply, but they will look it over and take it into consideration and possibly implement it. on occassion devs do come to the forum.

just a note: autodefragging isnt much of a problem as it doesnt optimize and takes many thousands of fragments to affect performance of your system.

Archived