IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC pro seems to conflict with F-secure

Lucy3

I like the program, but it's conflicting with my anti-virus program, F-secure. When I run F-secure, the scan wizard no longer appears and so I have no way of knowing whether any virus or spyware has been found!

As soon as I uninstall ASC pro, F-secure performs normally again. I'd like to carry on using ASC pro, if there's a way that it would not interfere with F-secure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Lucy

It is probably System Optimization that is the culprit.

When you run it (stay away from the Care button for the time being)

you have go into (click on to open) the "problems" it finds in System Optimization - right click on the item(s) that has to do with showing F-secure in the tray, and then choose to ignore problem(s), - this will place the items you choose in the ignore list. After you have put what you need or want in the ignore list you will be able to just use the care button for your future cleaning operations.

Cheers

solbjerg

I like the program, but it's conflicting with my anti-virus program, F-secure. When I run F-secure, the scan wizard no longer appears and so I have no way of knowing whether any virus or spyware has been found!

As soon as I uninstall ASC pro, F-secure performs normally again. I'd like to carry on using ASC pro, if there's a way that it would not interfere with F-secure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Solbjerg, thank you for checking back.

Unfortunately, System Optimization wasn't the culprit:-( Infact, I've spent a good part of this week-end trying to find the little bugger .. he can run, but he can't hide, was my attitude:-P Well, he managed to run and he managed to hide:sad:

I tried different experiments .. including the ignore list, but have come up empty handed. With every failed attempt, I had to re-install F-secure .. which is a loaded program, takes quite a while for all the updates to be added.

I'll give it one more shot, if it doesn't work I'll have to, sadly, uninstall the program:-(

Thank you for your response, JustDave. Problem solved:lol:

There were a couple of keys in the registry fix to do with F-secure, once I placed these in the ignore list, the problem disappeared:-o

Now I get to keep my precious:lol:

Thank you both.

- Issue of F-secure scan wizard not seen after Registry Fix is Repaired.

Solution: Put the keys about F-secure into Ignore List by right clicking on them in "Details: Registry Fix" window, and then on the menu, clicking "Ignore Selected Problem". Read the ASC pro seems to conflict with F-secure thread and this post.

Copied and pasted from solved issues thread. good job eno :)

Archived