IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Loss of Programs With AC 3 Pro

Kendall

I recently upgraded to AC 3 Pro. After its first run, two bad things happened. First, MS Money insisted that I was a new user and I had to go through the initial procedure, then restore my backup. The next day, the same thing happened. I was running the automated AC 3 fix routine. Second, a RealArcade program I had paid for and downloaded disappeared. I restored the backup from the first time I ran AC 3 Pro, and that recovered the RealArcade program. Since the second MS Money program was today, I don't know if that restore would have fixed the problem.

How can I keep this from happening in the future? If I can't, this program is money wasted for me.

I recently upgraded to AC 3 Pro. After its first run, two bad things happened. First, MS Money insisted that I was a new user and I had to go through the initial procedure, then restore my backup. The next day, the same thing happened. I was running the automated AC 3 fix routine. Second, a RealArcade program I had paid for and downloaded disappeared. I restored the backup from the first time I ran AC 3 Pro, and that recovered the RealArcade program. Since the second MS Money program was today, I don't know if that restore would have fixed the problem.

How can I keep this from happening in the future? If I can't, this program is money wasted for me.

i would uncheck the system optimization function(after restoring). may also want to check on the registry fix(probably dont have to)

Lost Programs

Hi Kendall-Did you just click the big blue CARE button?If so, that's your first mistake.You should run the Maintain Windows scan and click on the "details" of the registry fix results-look at these entries to see if they are relevant to the programs that you lost.Same goes for the Diagnose System scan,when that is completed,examine the details of the System Optimization results and determine what the proposed changes are regarding system services and Windows apps.Allowing the auto clean function is where you lose or disable things you don't intend to.Assuming you can put everything back to it's original state via ASC restore or Win system restore,run the scans again and look at the details before attempting any repairs.If you're not sure what you're looking at,send screenshots with your next post so we can sort through the list and make recommendations.Items can be added to the ignore list so they are not effected by the repair process.Hope this helps.

Archived