IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defragment

holyskeleton

ASC and Defrag

Hi holyskeleton-The defrag in ASC Free is by no means "crappy".It uses the same algorithm as it's big brother(SD)and is just as effective(if not more so)than the built in Win defrag tool with the advantage of being much faster.If you are running ASC Free,install SD1.03 so you can take advantage of it's optimization feature.Here's how I would utilize that combo:If you're anal about little to no fragmentation,let ASC handle the frags 3-400 at a time during the Diagnose System scan and repair.Then,every couple weeks or once a month,(your user habits considered)break out SD for a full defrag and optimize.My approach is to let a scan with ASC show me a frag count(which I know translates into a percentage)I check this number depending on my activities so I don't keep the defrag box checked during every sys diag scan(saves time)When I see the frag number that I'm looking for pop up,I break out SD.The alternative here is to run the auto feature in SD.I am not a fan of auto functions(wasted resources,memory,and lack of control)I just find it easier and a more effective approach in time management to use ASC as my "frag monitor" so I know when to run SD without waiting for it's analyze function to complete.The other great feature of SD (as pointed out by IFP) is the auto shut-down.This is one auto feature I can live with.At the end of the day,hit the defrag and optimize,and go to bed-simple.Anyway,just my approach and opinion,experiment and find what works for you.Happy Holidays!!

Archived