IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3.1.1 Privacy Sweep Crash

Trader

I have just updated to ASC 3.1.1 and all the features work but when running the Privacy Sweep fix (the scan works OK) ASC crashes. I use Windows XP SP3 with ZoneAlarm Suite active. ASC has all the relevant permissions and has not had this problem with previous versions. Any suggestions?

Hi Trader-Try to temporarily suspend Zone Alarm and see what happens-if you haven't already.Get back with your results.

Tried disabling ZoneAlarm and made sure nothing was running in the background and it froze when doing the privacy clean again. All other functions work and the privacy clean worked fine in version 3.1.

I haven't installed any new software for a while and ASC works fine on my other PC's as I haven't updated them yet. :?:

Hi Trader,

Can you narrow down to which section of Privacy Sweep causes the PC to froze after Scan, doing a Repair?

That is, start with only one check of the checkboxes on right pane of "Details:Privacy Sweep" window, and then increase the number of checks and repeatedly trying to Repair. This will pinpoint the concerned files.

Cheers.

It seems to be the index.dat file that is causing the problems, even when deselected, although on the run AFTER the crash as long as it's still deselected the function appears to work. I have tried this before and after using a similar function in ZoneAlarm (Cache cleaner). Could it be in the unlocking/locking of the .dat file? Once again, no problems with other versions of ASC. Have also tried with and without IE open - no difference.

Archived