IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Defrag Results Misleading?

searchlight

I have the latest version of ASC Pro installed v3.1.1.602, and every function works well except the Registry Defrag.

I am running Windows XP Home SP3. Everytime, I run the Registry Defrag, it tells me that the Registry is already defragged and is not necessary. This happened four times in the last few weeks.

I installed another vendors Registry Defrag Utility, and it told me that the registry was 4% defragmented, and a defrag was warranted.

I thought that the latest version addressed this issue.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi searchlight

If you use different defraggers you will most probably get different results - they often use slightly different parameters.

Registry defragment - I would not use it incessantly - just once in a long while.

The difference in speed will usually not be noticeable by the human senses, while a machine may find a few milliseconds of increase in the speed if the registry is somewhat fragmented.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the latest version of ASC Pro installed v3.1.1.602, and every function works well except the Registry Defrag.

I am running Windows XP Home SP3. Everytime, I run the Registry Defrag, it tells me that the Registry is already defragged and is not necessary. This happened four times in the last few weeks.

I installed another vendors Registry Defrag Utility, and it told me that the registry was 4% defragmented, and a defrag was warranted.

I thought that the latest version addressed this issue.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Archived