IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

trying to install a 'newer' version -but...

promytius

I get taken to a page that wants me to download a trial version! ???

I have Advanced System Care PRO 3.0.1 - it says there is a 3.1.1 available, but I can't find it - it just sits there on a download the trial page.

I bought this program because its predecessor worked so well and was so easy to update - what's happened? There isn't even any online or emailable tech support anymore!

promytius

Update

Hi promttius-You can try from the "check for update"on the GUI,or you can have a look at this thread which gives three links to downloads.Make sure your current version is not running in the background(any auto features on)when you download and install-this update will uninstall and reinstall at version 3.1.1-best of luck,post back on your progress.

thank you

That worked. Uninstalled the old and installed the new. Strange way to update software, but if it works, then it's all good. I appreciate the help - Iobit would do themselves a favor if they Explained the updates work that way instead of dumping users on a trial page without so much as a step two...

Logically it makes no sense to install an update by using a trial program.

The program works very well though, and I will continue to use it; it's fast and thorough and versitile.

promytius

It's Your Call

New version right over the top-that folder hasn't failed yet-if it ain't broke.......I have had great success with IObit utilities handling the uninstall and install to the same folder-never did it that way in the Beta days,and still don't with unproven apps.that I test-besides,if one gives me trouble,I'll tear it out and start fresh-no biggie-Happy New Year!!

Archived