IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cant download update

greatadib

I can't update my ASC.It will stuck at 7%,8%, or 27%.Then a window popup and say it updated but when I see the log file,it says the update failed.I have try updating it many times but it don't work.I have restart my pc and modem but it still happening.Can help me and is there any manual update?

Update

Hi greatadib-Which version of ASC do you have,and from where are you attempting the update? The latest version is 3.1.1 and you should be able to update from the GUI under "check for update".Make sure the app. is not running at the time(no auto features in the background).You may also try a fresh download from here.This gives you three choices for download sites-one of them should work for you.

No update

there is definitely a problem with the updater. I use the link on my Advanced System Care Pro (fully purchased). I chooose the IObit server and it starts to retrieve update information and never stops. I do not have firewall issues and frankly there are enough other users with this issue that the vendor might take some action. A user having to remove and reload the program is ridiculous.

Hi metacomm

If you have had a previous install - and you installed in the same folder there might be a "leftover" in the folder that isn't quite compatibel with the new update link in ASC. (this is the reason that we often advocate a fresh clean install)

A possible solution from IObit would then probably be to delete all before the new install, - but then you would have to start the use of the application with configuring your settings and your details and put needed settings in the ignore list.

If you have experienced no trouble this isn't usually neccessary and all setting go on as before. So I think this is the dilemma IObit is faced with, and as only a few experience your problem, I think they have chosen the solution of bringing the settings from the previous into the new install.

This is just what I think - if any have a better or more correct explanation - please correct me!

Cheers

solbjerg

there is definitely a problem with the updater. I use the link on my Advanced System Care Pro (fully purchased). I chooose the IObit server and it starts to retrieve update information and never stops. I do not have firewall issues and frankly there are enough other users with this issue that the vendor might take some action. A user having to remove and reload the program is ridiculous.

Problem solved

:-o I surprised myself! I opened the "configure update, unchecked the "Use Proxy, and that took care of the problem of update just running forever and not updating at all. Worked for me! I use Vista, and sometimes that is the problem with many program problems.;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi creyn and sjweisser

The standard setting isn't using proxy, so have you both chosen that setting - and for what purpose? You have a firewall do you not?

Glad it worked out for you though! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

cjweisser is brilliant! I just downloaded 3.1.2 last week and have been having a problem with the updates, too. I unchecked use proxy and it worked! I use XP, not Vista, so it works on XP as well!!! Thanks.

proxy

Hi Solbjerg-Given all of the security issues,and the ability to access blocked sites,I think it's become SOP hiding behind a proxy these days,especially if you insist on using IE.You just have to remember that a proxy can interfere with down loads from many servers.I elect to go with Firefox behind one firewall-has served me well.One also might consider picking up a free version of ZA's Forcefield(sorry I misplaced the link)or even go to Sandboxie or similar application.

Archived