IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3.1.1 installation problem

I have attempted to install ASC 3.1, numerous times and am unable to get the program to install. The installation initiates properly, but then starts throwing errors when renaming old files. The 1st file it has the problem with is a chinese language file which I have no need for. From there it installs till the image files and black.png files, none of which will install. All have the same error code 32; unable to rename old file.

I uninstalled AWC 2.9 that was on here, removed all registry references and finally the IOBit folder from program files and have been unable to install this new version at all. Oh, when it encounters the error during installing the black files it says it is being used by something else.

I am baffled, I don't know what else to try. I used C Cleaner to cleanup the registry.

Hi gwhiz

Do you by any chance have something running in the background fx. smartRam?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have attempted to install ASC 3.1, numerous times and am unable to get the program to install. The installation initiates properly, but then starts throwing errors when renaming old files. The 1st file it has the problem with is a chinese language file which I have no need for. From there it installs till the image files and black.png files, none of which will install. All have the same error code 32; unable to rename old file.

I uninstalled AWC 2.9 that was on here, removed all registry references and finally the IOBit folder from program files and have been unable to install this new version at all. Oh, when it encounters the error during installing the black files it says it is being used by something else.

I am baffled, I don't know what else to try. I used C Cleaner to cleanup the registry.

I'm not aware of anything running in the background except avast antivirus and Threatfire antimalware; and I had them both on here while using AWC 2.9.

I just attempted another reinstall and wrote down the message that comes up:

C:\program files\iobit\advanced system care3\skin\black\4c_Btn_01_mouseover.png.

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: movefile failed; code32 the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. When I select retry the instal advances to the next file where the same error occurs, except it is the next file in the install.

I hope this gives some info that may be helpful. I have looked thru task manager and don't find anything out of the ordinary and the only CPU useage is system idle process.

For what is worth; on one install attempt, I clicked retry on every error until the progress bar showed completed; when I opened the program from the desktop icon, other than a border around what I'm sure is the opening panel, nearly everything was white and there were a couple of boxes outline but no txt or data in them.

I await your suggestions. Thank you.

Hi gwhiz

It sounds as if you used a sequence of uninstalling/cleaning that wasn't optimal.

Take a look at this post:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not aware of anything running in the background except avast antivirus and Threatfire antimalware; and I had them both on here while using AWC 2.9.

I just attempted another reinstall and wrote down the message that comes up:

C:\program files\iobit\advanced system care3\skin\black\4c_Btn_01_mouseover.png.

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: movefile failed; code32 the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. When I select retry the instal advances to the next file where the same error occurs, except it is the next file in the install.

I hope this gives some info that may be helpful. I have looked thru task manager and don't find anything out of the ordinary and the only CPU useage is system idle process.

For what is worth; on one install attempt, I clicked retry on every error until the progress bar showed completed; when I opened the program from the desktop icon, other than a border around what I'm sure is the opening panel, nearly everything was white and there were a couple of boxes outline but no txt or data in them.

I await your suggestions. Thank you.

I am happy to say that I have finally been successful in reinstalling ASC 3.1.

Restarted in safe mode and ran C Cleaner and Toniarts Easycleaner. Toniarts found 3 temp files that nothing else had found. Then proceeded to install ASC 3 in safe mode; installed without a hitch. I am again a happy camper.

Thank you so very much for your input, it got the endorphins in my brain working a bit more diligently. As always I will continue to sing the praises of IObit products.

Thank You

Hi gwhiz

Very good - I am glad to hear it.

Thank you for the feedback!!

Cheerio

solbjerg

I am happy to say that I have finally been successful in reinstalling ASC 3.1.

Restarted in safe mode and ran C Cleaner and Toniarts Easycleaner. Toniarts found 3 temp files that nothing else had found. Then proceeded to install ASC 3 in safe mode; installed without a hitch. I am again a happy camper.

Thank you so very much for your input, it got the endorphins in my brain working a bit more diligently. As always I will continue to sing the praises of IObit products.

Thank You

Archived