IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

sigh

Multi

my ac3 pro has an error of some sort.the graphic doesnt fully show its just a white screen with a few of the links showing but not working. it wont let me uninstall it and when i try to move the folders to the recycle bin it tells me i dont have permission to do that. i have vista and do not run multiple accounts set up. i have the user accounts feature turned off. so im operating as the system admin always. this is very frustrating to say the least. i really enjoy your program and hope to get it up and running well asap. thanks for your time. multi

Hi Multi

Did you have something running automatically out of you systemtray perhaps?

Did you update to a new version just before this problem started?

Cheers

solbjerg

my ac3 pro has an error of some sort.the graphic doesnt fully show its just a white screen with a few of the links showing but not working. it wont let me uninstall it and when i try to move the folders to the recycle bin it tells me i dont have permission to do that. i have vista and do not run multiple accounts set up. i have the user accounts feature turned off. so im operating as the system admin always. this is very frustrating to say the least. i really enjoy your program and hope to get it up and running well asap. thanks for your time. multi

:)

as far as i know nothing was running i shut down all my programs before i goto bed. when i woke up it was running but stayed stuck on a file for over an hour so i shut it down manually. when i restarted it the interface was bugged. i updated yesterday to the proversion. it ran fine all day and it completed a full scan of the sytem no problem. thanks for your time peace multi

Hi Multi

Do you mind trying a clean install?

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

This post describes it.

Please give some feedback.

Cheers

solbjerg

as far as i know nothing was running i shut down all my programs before i goto bed. when i woke up it was running but stayed stuck on a file for over an hour so i shut it down manually. when i restarted it the interface was bugged. i updated yesterday to the proversion. it ran fine all day and it completed a full scan of the sytem no problem. thanks for your time peace multi

update

so i moved the ac3 folder from the io folder to a new on i made on the desktop. reintalled fresh to the io folder and it runs fine now. i still cant delete the one i moved to the desktop folder still telling me i dont have permission. thanks for the help hopefully i can figure out how to get rid of the extra one now :) peace multi

so you know i did try to do a clean install also but when the old folder was still there i got a error during the install it wouldnt istall certain files and to be honest i cant remember the exact error now. :) good support guys thanks for being so on the ball. if theres any info i can send you to help out let me know. im a avid gamer so im used to sharing my system info ect. peace multi

Hi Multi

Yes a clean install is when you first uninstall the previous version and then you delete the leftover folder. (to be as clean as possible also run a registy scan)

This (deleting) is not possible if you have something running from that folder - for example Smart Ram, that usually have an icon in the system tray.

Please check if you have something running in the background (ctrl+alt+delete) and take a look.

Cheers

solbjerg

so you know i did try to do a clean install also but when the old folder was still there i got a error during the install it wouldnt istall certain files and to be honest i cant remember the exact error now. :) good support guys thanks for being so on the ball. if theres any info i can send you to help out let me know. im a avid gamer so im used to sharing my system info ect. peace multi

Archived