IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Safeboot Encrypted Laptop - Problem

FYI, Smart Defrag (1.10) appears to have stepped on some root encryption data on my Safeboot (now a McAfee product) encrypted laptop and upon reboot after a defrag, Safeboot reports a checksum error and won't boot. I am awaiting recovery by my Safeboot administrator.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gordo

Does your safeboot suggest that you exclude some file(s) from defragmentation?

The above encrypted with -Gordo :

u`µ7;M·ôxÕ¾ÛÉâ±twsáb`Vøc3º¨N/¯îd.0(Â-mnD'õwµ[Làô¢IqIM¢<D»ÎµµôSQ<ºÿ+`Alp~¯öoªÍW

Cheers

solbjerg

FYI, Smart Defrag (1.10) appears to have stepped on some root encryption data on my Safeboot (now a McAfee product) encrypted laptop and upon reboot after a defrag, Safeboot reports a checksum error and won't boot. I am awaiting recovery by my Safeboot administrator.

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here (version 1.11). Did they solved?

Issue seems to be with defragger..and may effect more than one defragger (Checkpoitn Pointsec, etc.).

From what I can see, I wouldn't recommend move function just defrag until you have confirmed compatibility between defragger and encryption...

The kicker, is that people reporting unrecoverable data loss.

http://www.diskeeperblog.com/archives/2008/05/defragmentation.html

• 9 months later...

Archived