IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE downloads close early during auto defrag

Auto defrag seems to terminate a file download using Internet Explorer. Tried numerous times to download 20 MB file and it would close before the download had completed leaving a corrupted (smaller than expected) file. I noticed that Auto Defrag was working. Once I had turned off Auto Defrag the download completed successfully. My guess is that Smart Defrag may be attempting to defrag the file before IE has closed it. No error messages from IE when this occurs either. Just an undersized file.

Hi maddog

Please check your settings in SD autodefrag - lower the limit from 20% use to 5% for example and see how that goes.

Regarding your other post:

While you are at it check if you have the option "display in tray" enabled in general settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Auto defrag seems to terminate a file download using Internet Explorer. Tried numerous times to download 20 MB file and it would close before the download had completed leaving a corrupted (smaller than expected) file. I noticed that Auto Defrag was working. Once I had turned off Auto Defrag the download completed successfully. My guess is that Smart Defrag may be attempting to defrag the file before IE has closed it. No error messages from IE when this occurs either. Just an undersized file.

Archived