IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cannot close SmartDefrag with "tskill" command

I've written a batch file to close all open programmes using the "tskill" facility in Windows XP Home, before doing a partition copy.

All programmes (other than my Internet Security) close with the exception of SmartDefrag.

The process name in Task Manager that I'm trying to close is "IOBit SmartDefrag.exe"

Can anyone throw any light on the reason please?

Hi Mike

Do you have autodefrag running silently in the background?

Cheers

solbjerg

I've written a batch file to close all open programmes using the "tskill" facility in Windows XP Home, before doing a partition copy.

All programmes (other than my Internet Security) close with the exception of SmartDefrag.

The process name in Task Manager that I'm trying to close is "IOBit SmartDefrag.exe"

Can anyone throw any light on the reason please?

Ok Mike P

Then that is probably the reason, defragging while running other processes can't be optimal I think. Runs as long as the cpu usage doesn't exceed 20%.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello solbjerg

Yes, I do have autodefrag running silently in the background.

Sorry, I may not have made myself clear. By running in the background, I mean that autodefrag is active.

However, at the time of trying to close all open programmes, defragging was not necessarily taken place. Are you saying that simply by having autodefrag active, tskill will not close down Smart Defrag?

If so, I'll turn off autodefrag again and see if it makes any difference, although I may have already tried this without success.

Archived