IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Window does not restore

bavel

hello bavel

If you then click on the application in the taskbar, will the wiindow then come up/be shown?

A more precise description would be good - and how are your settings.

Have you run the ASC and clicked repair before configuring the "problems"?

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm using the freeware version. Clicking the icon in the taskbar will bring back the application - but only in the taskbar. No window at all... Is this caused by a setting?

Hi bavel

By application I suppose you mean ASC?

Have you had a previous version installed?

Have you configured your settings?

And how? recommended settings?

Have you read "Usage of IObits products" in the Lounge section in this forum?

Precise detailed desciption of your install and configuring would be helpful. perhaps a couple of relevant screenshots, not the one that show the icon and the program in the taskbar.

Did you unblock the program before install?

Have you added it to the exceptions in your firewall?

Cheers

solbjerg

When I click the app in the taskbar, the window does not restore...

I haven't run the application before - this is straight after an install.

I'm using all recommended settings. The problem is probably caused by the OS - it only occurs in Windows XP Professional, not in the Home version. Maybe ASC uses a general windows function that doesn't work properly in XP Professional. I'll set up a test environment where I can monitor the use of dll's.

• 1 month later...

Hi bavel

When you ran it did you then check the "problems" in especially System Optimize? And place needed settings in the ignore list?

The system optimize is for a large part configured to use as few resorces as possible, and this can easily interfere with some of your own preferred settings, so the "problems" here has to be checked/looked at.

To roll back go to restore center and restore the latest changes.

Cheers

solbjerg

Kick.

The problem now also appears in a Windows XP Home system. Is there any way to have Advanced SystemCare repair its own settings?

Archived