IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lost monitor color profile

Martin

Issue is that the monitor color profile (as established by eye-1 display 2 by x-rite - GretagMacbeth) is lost everytime I run product. I cannot install the profile again (clicking on it says uninstall only) & so have to run the profile software again. Bit of a pain. Is there a way around this.

O/S WinXP SP3

ACS v3.1.2

Thanks very much - tried to do as you suggested - identified the Registry fix in question - highlighted it - clicked the ignore list button - options ignore list box opened up with registry fix dialogue box on show but the item had not been added - what I am doing wrong?

Hi Martin

Two thinks come to my mind

Try right clicking My computer - choose properties, choose tab advanced, choose display settings and choose "let windows choose the best settings for the computer.

Secondly right click the desktop and choose properties choose the tab on the far right and choose how many colours that are to be utilized - in your case probable max.

Next time you run the Diagnose system - click on "problems" and click ignore to the colour settings it wants to change - this places that/those "problem in the ignore list.

Please give some feedback whether this worked.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks very much - tried to do as you suggested - identified the Registry fix in question - highlighted it - clicked the ignore list button - options ignore list box opened up with registry fix dialogue box on show but the item had not been added - what I am doing wrong?

Thanks Solbjerg & Enoskype

As I want eye-one to determine the monitor colour as I use photoshop I did not do s you suggested Solbjerg.

Regarding right clicking & selecting Ignore Selected problem - that worked a treat - thanks to you both for this - I knew I was doing something wrong

Another question if I may thought - I did add the relevant MRU cache that refers to the icc profile that was created by eye-one that I wish not to remove. However when I rescan the registry fix, the same item name/registry key/registary value/data is found - how come? (i.e. after selecting ignore problem, that mru cache line is removed but returns if I rescan - I did not ask ASC to repair at any time). I hope this is intelligible!

Ok Martin

Thanks for the feedback

Regarding your extra question: Did you close the program between scans?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks Solbjerg & Enoskype

As I want eye-one to determine the monitor colour as I use photoshop I did not do s you suggested Solbjerg.

Regarding right clicking & selecting Ignore Selected problem - that worked a treat - thanks to you both for this - I knew I was doing something wrong

Another question if I may thought - I did add the relevant MRU cache that refers to the icc profile that was created by eye-one that I wish not to remove. However when I rescan the registry fix, the same item name/registry key/registary value/data is found - how come? (i.e. after selecting ignore problem, that mru cache line is removed but returns if I rescan - I did not ask ASC to repair at any time). I hope this is intelligible!

Thanks again Solberg

I did close the computer & have just run ASC again. In the Registry Fix it still is showing the same Registry Key. Now bear with me!.....

In the Registry fix it gives two registery keys associated with the same data:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDig32\OpenSaveMRU\jcc

AND

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDig32\OpenSaveMRU\*

- the DATA info says:

C:Windows\system32\Spool\drivers\color\moniotr_29-01-2009_1.jcc

The question is therefore

Why is ASC still including these in the scan? Is it something I am doing wrong OR will ASC NOT fix these despite there being a tick in the box associated with these keys?

Thanks again for taking the trouble to read & reply

Archived