IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System optimization sent me to this site for help

corfusue

ive never posted before and i hope i am doing this right.

when i run optimization i get a problem called trouble shooting. which tells me that system settings have been detected as the bottlenecks of my windows system. they are mostly explorer problems and one that says false system. what are these and is it safe to delete them??

hi corfusue

Please read the thread in the Lounge section titled "Usage of IObit products".

Be careful and prudent with system optimization

Cheers

solbjerg

ive never posted before and i hope i am doing this right.

when i run optimization i get a problem called trouble shooting. which tells me that system settings have been detected as the bottlenecks of my windows system. they are mostly explorer problems and one that says false system. what are these and is it safe to delete them??

• 1 month later...

Billie

When I Need to delete files in Windows If there is even the slightest Doubt of the safty of removeing those files. The procedure That Leaves me the happiest is to

First copy the location of said files as text Ex C\Program Files\Symplisit\driverbackups. etc

Then Copy the files to a temporary location Be sure to include the text file with the original location of files.

Last Zip the files or use RAR. before deleting them . This gives Me a fault tolerance. It feels so bad when I fail to ndo this only to realize I now have a very long search ahead of mew to replace a file when I made a mistake..

I Hope This Helps

Lots Of Love

Billie

X-Files

The guy who first put me behind a computer, circa 1989, told me that when he's thinking of deleting a file, he simply puts an x in front of the name.

For example: somefile.dll becomes xsomefile.dll

Later, if all hell breaks loose, it's easy to undo.

Any comments from the experts?

It is practical, I use similar approach when deleting or changing system and exe files.

The difference is that, I add the last letter as capital to the end of the file such as:

somefile.dll becomes somefileE.dll

If it is more than one similar file that I am playing with, then:

somefileE1

somefileE2

In that way it is nearly always adjacent to the file I change, or at the original place of the file deleted.

Personal preferences I suppose!

Cheers.

Archived