IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Need Help!!! What things are safe to Optimize?

M8trix

Hi M8trix,

Thank you for the images, please read all the posts in Usage Of IObit Products thread and AWC Optimizations List thread.

Before doing any Repair, please tell us which type of Computer Optimization and Network Optimization you have chosen in the Options, and if you intend to continue using your computer in that mode.

Some of them are too technical, so I will try to explain the simple ones, as far as I can, after your decision.

Cheers.

Both are set to 'Basic' under system optimization. I just have the free version of ASC for now. If I optimize things now with this version can I still optimize things with the PRO version some time in the future or is it set in stone?

I'm using windows XP Home Edition with service pack 2 if that information helps.

There is just so many things it said that need optimizing so you can see that I don't know exactly where to begin.

My Opinion

Hi M8trix-Nothing is set in stone.Not only can you optimize further with the pro version,you have the ability to "reset" any changes you've made with free or Pro versions.From your screenshots I'd say you are safe to make all changes under Windows Interface(this is appearance settings)-Windows Services(all not needed running in the background) and everything under System Configuration looks safe to correct as well(should drop a little resource usage here)Sorry,I will not advise on Network Connections(Too risky for me with your stuff)As far as Troubleshooting goes,I'm not sure about how or what those values pertain to,but I don't see anything in that list that says "wreck your stuff"-so go ahead with all of that but hold off on the network settings since I don't want to be the guy that boots you off the web.

Thanks for the advice!!! I'll fix the windows interface settings for now until I am absolutly 100% sure about the other stuff. If there is someone else here that knows beyond a shadow of a doubt what I can fix safely, they are welcome to tell me.

I also wanted to know if it is safer to use the Firefox TCP Optimizer tool instead of the one integrated in the program. Will it make my connection faster or will it just make Internet Explorer and Firefox faster?

Archived