IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Fix - deselecting problems

Iota

As mentioned in another thread, ASC3's Registry Fix finds hundreds of problems, mainly due to the listing of MRU entries it wants to clean up. How do I deselect a number of fixes (MRU or otherwise) that I don't want fixed? I can shift- or ctrl-click to select several problems, but anything I do works only on the last problem clicked. I've tried selecting multiple files and clicking Select For Fixing, Select All, Deselect All, Inverse Selection, and even pressing the space bar, but only one problem is affected. If I click Ignore Selected Problem, all the problems selected disapper from the list, but only one is added to the Ignore List. (Also, I don't want to add them to the permanent Ignore List, I just want to not fix them now).

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks, sunny,

In another thread I mentioned that it probably wouldn't be really helpful to delete the MRU lists even though, as you point out, it's safe to do so (they will be rebuilt pretty quickly!). What I'm wondering is how to deselect multiple problems at once, whether they're MRU problems or others.

hello Iota

If you do not want to fix problems in the registry now, the easiest way is to exclude that option from the scan.

If you want to exclude certain types of files you should go into settings choose Registry fix and remove the checkmark in those file types you want to exclude.

Please read the thread "Usage of IObit programs" in the lounge section, it is mentioned there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks, sunny,

In another thread I mentioned that it probably wouldn't be really helpful to delete the MRU lists even though, as you point out, it's safe to do so (they will be rebuilt pretty quickly!). What I'm wondering is how to deselect multiple problems at once, whether they're MRU problems or others.

Thanks, solbjerg. By the way, I do enjoy your posts - I read a lot in the forum before my first post.

I realize I can take out some checks from the settings, but that's not really what I'm asking about. As an example, let's say that I want to remove the multimedia and Internet MRU info from the registry, but keep the MS Office MRU contents intact. If I uncheck History Lists, I can't remove any. If I leave it checked, I get about 800 MRU "problems" listed. Now I have to go through and uncheck about 400 individually. Is there a way I can select a block of listed "problems" and deselect them in one shot?

Also, I may want to sort the found problems before selecting a block (highlight all the problems relating to a specific file, for example), but that's a question in my first thread!

Hi Iota

Thanks!

When you have run disk explorer and then clicked "find clones" you will get a list that is sorted alphabetically by name, you can sort it by placement too, and by size and by type you can reverse the selection by clicking once more on name/selection/size or type.

You can choose a block by marking the first file you have in mind and then holding down shift marking the last file you have in mind, or by holding down Ctrl and click on the files you want to choose.

I haven't tested whether they all are removed if I try it - but you say they aren't??

Perhaps there is a glitch there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks, solbjerg. By the way, I do enjoy your posts - I read a lot in the forum before my first post.

I realize I can take out some checks from the settings, but that's not really what I'm asking about. As an example, let's say that I want to remove the multimedia and Internet MRU info from the registry, but keep the MS Office MRU contents intact. If I uncheck History Lists, I can't remove any. If I leave it checked, I get about 800 MRU "problems" listed. Now I have to go through and uncheck about 400 individually. Is there a way I can select a block of listed "problems" and deselect them in one shot?

Also, I may want to sort the found problems before selecting a block (highlight all the problems relating to a specific file, for example), but that's a question in my first thread!

Hi again Iota

I just realized that I talked about something else. Sorry about that - reason probably was because I was thinking along the lines of explaining the extra tools ASC comes with in the "Usage of IObit programs" thread.

But to get back to your question :-)

Can't you deselect the ones you do not want cleaned now and then run the registry fix?

As far as I have tested this you have to deselect them one by one, - this the programmers ought to be able to fix easily. Must be a glitch.

In order to put them in the ignore list I do not think there is any way around taking them one by one.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived