IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unable to update

port42

Anyone having trouble with the Update feature on AWC V2.4??? Mine just hangs after it gets started. Running XP sp2.

Although this freebie didn't accomplish what I had hoped, it did bring my PC back to a blazing speed! I've got along fine for years just doing manual scans with Lavasoft's Ad-Aware Se in combination with NAV and periodic IE temp file dumps, but this tool sheds new light! MajorGeeks ratings sent me here, and so far....not much to complain about.

I thought it may solve my Java nightmare, but I'm still stuck.....running Java SE 6 (Java Sun 1.6.0.10)and I'm unable to uninstall it. :sad: Can't find help anywhere and my web-based business applications are defunct without it. Been trying everything to uninstall in an attempt to re-install. Error mssg during uninstall is "ERROR APPLYING TRANSFORMS. VERIFY THAT THE SPECIFIED TRANSFORM PATHS ARE VALID."

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. port42@metrocast.net

port42,

Have you tried "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility"?

Please go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and read carefully.

I don't know if it will solve your problem but it helped me many times.

Please read the readme.txt file also before using it.

Download Link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Enoskype - That did it....thanks!!!! Can't believe I haven't gone looking for this before. I'm an old dog from the DOS days and I've let my troubleshooting skills slip bigtime. My PC is running like it did outuvdabox and I'm back in the game with my work-related applications. Can't thank you enough for this one.

Tim,

I tought the partial quote from port42 below:

I thought it may solve my Java nightmare, but I'm still stuck.....running Java SE 6 (Java Sun 1.6.0.10)and I'm unable to uninstall it. :sad: Can't find help anywhere and my web-based business applications are defunct without it. Been trying everything to uninstall in an attempt to re-install.

included trial of AWC.

port42,

Take my word and try AWC pro, you won't regret it.

Enjoy your PC!!!

Note:

Didn't following the below path show Java uninstaller in AWC?

AWC=>Tools=>Add Ons=>Software Uninstaller=>Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

enoskype - Yep, I fished around everywhere in the Add-ons, but somehow missed it. I've been using this AMD-driven PC for about 2.5 yrs now, without doing much clean-up, so I'll try AWC to do this instead (looks like AWC is going to give me a better clue of application name in order to find and delete files afterwards). This PC is screaming so fast that I think I'm going to wet myself. If I could only solve the Google Earth crashes!!

Thanks again.

OK port42,

Although this is not related to AWC, If I had the same problem I would do the following:

1) Run WinXP(Service Pack 2).

2) Dislay adapter driver update.

3) Run Last version of GE(4.1.7076.4458 ).

4) (Although GE is using DirectX8,) Update DirectX to 9.

5) Use AWC Pro to clean (including RegistryCleaner) and let it udjust the system.

6) Offline(Boot time) Defragmentation, and normal Defragmentation.

7) start=>Run...=>(type)cmd=>OK=>Command Prompt=>(type)chkdsk /R (or F)=>Enter=>(Answer yes)(type)Y=>Enter=>Restart

(Return to our old days specially in Vista black screen.:lol:).

8 ) Clean GE cache, run GE in DirectX Mode instead of (default)OpenGL.

Hope it helps.

Archived