IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Rogue/Crapware program - need help

nosmiley

I have run the spyware removal program of ASC pro. It keeps finding the following : C:\Program Files\Registry Easy . ASC refers to it as Rogue/Crapware.Registry Easy. It states under " Risk" as Critical. Unfortunately the repair fails to get rid of it. My other programs : Spybot, Malware bytes,Avira free, don't find it. The various registry tools don't see it. My computer seems to have slowed down. I have run chkdsk/r to look for corrupted . No change there. In searching for fixes, it's not listed as a program under programs.

I am using an installed Win. Vista home premium.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello:

I guess I should have mentioned more details. I'm not too bright about computer operation. You suggest exiting Registry easy and then remove it.

I click on repair and awc says it's fixed. But a rescan shows it's still there.

Going to install/uninstall programs in Windows, its not listed. Revo uninstall doesn't list it. Neither does Windows defender. CC cleaner doesn't list it in the uninstall part either.

I will need help on removing it another way.

Thanks again

Hi, you may be able to manually remove it,

please go to my computer, than to the drive C. at that point you should look for the folder "Program Files". Go into it and find "RegistryEasy". Delete that folder. You may do the same thing in "ProgramData" although software folders arent always there.

Give us feedback please, so we can try to help you.

If you can not delete as IFP said, try using Unlocker 1.87 to get rid of the files and folders of Registry Easy.

After deleting (some of them may need reboot of PC), use Registry Fix of ASC 3.2.

Cheers.

Hello Folks:

I used your suggestions, and got the problem removed. I rebooted, and re-scanned for malware,spyware etc using ASC and it seems to be gone. I appreciate the quick response . If it shows up again, I'll be back.

Thanks !

• 6 months later...

registry easy

I have had this "problem" as well, and would like some information, as far as I know registry easy is not malware etc, you have to install it voluntarily, and then pay a fee to register it to unlock certain professional functions, it seems as though it has worked well since I got it, though I am not an I.T expert.

It has several functions, some similar to ASC and they seem to work properly, the only dodgy thing about it is the poor english spelling of the user interface.

Is it simply an error on your part? Is Advanced system care incompatible with reg easy? Is it ultimately going to be necessary to uninstall one or the other? And if you have them both installed the way I do, will they cause problems for vista OS? If so, what problems?

Registry Easy is Iobits Never ending story:shock: The antispyware engine will not tolerate the existence of RegistryEasy on your PC. One way or another one of them must be uninstalled. Registry Easy can cohabitate with iobit and the reverse is not true. Contact RegistryEasy also for infos!

Archived