IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag Optimizer

I just wanted to know, is it just me, or whenever there is a new update for Smart Defrag, the optimizer works really well for a little while and then after a couple of weeks or so, it doesn't optimize even close to what it did when first downloaded? :-(

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to know, is it just me, or whenever there is a new update for Smart Defrag, the optimizer works really well for a little while and then after a couple of weeks or so, it doesn't optimize even close to what it did when first downloaded? :-(

I have just the same problem, it worked fine for a month (you could see the defragmenter work on the bottom half) but now i defrag or optimize and he just stops( no movement below) and give the rapport that it's done , but is it done , you can't see.

I would wish that iobit gives some personnel answer to that matter!

Hi Will

How often do you let it run? Do you also let it run automatically in the background?

If the drive is optimized you cannot optimize it further!!

Try analyzing first - and if it is less fragmented than a few % then you do not need to defragment.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have just the same problem, it worked fine for a month (you could see the defragmenter work on the bottom half) but now i defrag or optimize and he just stops( no movement below) and give the rapport that it's done , but is it done , you can't see.

I would wish that iobit gives some personnel answer to that matter!

I'd prefer options that allow me to control how files are placed on

the drive and/or partition. Why, well, I'm trying to shrink the partition

down from 1TB to 100GB and because smartdefrag has mft or unmoveable

files in the middle of the drive (at 500GB), the smallest I can resize

the partition down to is 500 GB due to the VISTA partition resize tool

hitting the outer boundary of where the files are on the disk.

Allow me to place files at the beginning, the middle or the end of the

partition by using a defrag option to allow me to do this.

Archived