IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto defrag only does C drive?

(First, I did find at least one thread on this but it's poorly titled, so I thought I'd start another one - sorry!)

I recently installed Smart Defrag and am very impressed. The system tray icon has stopped showing itself (in Vista) as I saw someone else mention, but that doesn't really worry me.

I have 2 physical hard disks, containing 3 and 2 partitions (C: --> G:). All partitions are visible and NTFS.

I used the Defrag Now once, on all drives, without problems. After that my intention was to leave Auto-defrag running, and it's working very well on C drive. It doesn't appear to be touching the rest of them though.

If I bring up Smart Defrag after booting and go to the Defrag Now section, it says it's auto-analyzing C drive. If I check again later it says it auto-defragged it, and the Auto Defrag section says "xyz files have been defragmented", with the time also displayed.

I can see no option to select which drives to auto-defrag. Defrag Now obviously allows drive selection but I doubt that would be related - and it always defaults to only C drive anyway.

For what it's worth the Defrag Now section shows the correct Last Defrag time for C drive (which agrees with the Auto-defrag information), while the other drives show the date I did the initial manual defrag on them.

Is there a reason it won't auto-defrag the other drives? Is there any way to force it to select them for auto-defrag (registry? files?) or will that be added in a future release?

Hi Lazz-Go to the search box and type in "defrag multiple drives"-leave the radio button for show threads checked. It seems this is something that can not yet be accomplished with SD.I suggested in a post that IObit look into it because there have been several inquiries of the same nature.Be patient, as I'm sure with the number of people interested in such a feature,they will make it possible in a future release.

Ok, thanks for the heads-up... I noticed browsing through those search results there are no 'official' responses, but I am patient so I will wait for the feature - as you say there is obviously some demand for it, and I can't imagine it would be that difficult for them to do.

Still can't believe I missed this prog for so long... tried trial version of various other programs and nothing seemed worth the cost, so I gave up completely... now here it is automatically defragging my C drive in the background, no hassles, and FREE! Can't complain lol

Archived