IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lost my drive?

Hello.

I just used smart defrag for drives C: and E:.

Everything went ok with drive C:, but after defragging drive E:, whole drive just disappeared.

I did not do anything else with any program after defragging, and there is not viruses in my computer for sure, so I must blame smart defrag.

I wonder how can I get my E: drive back?

Hi JokuVain,

Right click "My Computer" icon=>click "Manage" in the menu=>"Computer Management" window opens=>click "Disk Management" under "Storage" on the left pane.

Don't you see an extra disk(n) there?

May be without a drive letter?

Note: The OS is considered as XP. Similar in Vista.

• 8 months later...

Lost 3 partitions

Ran SmartDefrag last night.

C:\ defregged as supposed.

3 partitions of disk D:\ gone in Explorer view.

Drive device manager in Vista can't find any volume information about the disk D:\ -even if the manager tries to update. Info gone.

What to do?

This is extremely important since it is work disks for the company and for customers -sharp business that should be trustworthy.

Thanks a million for help.

/adbuster

Hi adbuster

I suppose you have tried a chkdsk?

Cheers

solbjerg

Ran SmartDefrag last night.

C:\ defregged as supposed.

3 partitions of disk D:\ gone in Explorer view.

Drive device manager in Vista can't find any volume information about the disk D:\ -even if the manager tries to update. Info gone.

What to do?

This is extremely important since it is work disks for the company and for customers -sharp business that should be trustworthy.

Thanks a million for help.

/adbuster

Archived