IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Webcam is being removed

bhakta

Hi, AWC is removing my webcame each time it runs. I have to reinstall it repeatedly. How can I stop this from happening? I am using a HP laptop with a built in webcame.

It seems ASC fools around too much with the registry. I had a similar problem with a Scanner! In my case the scanner reported, that it cannot scan, because my HD is full. I suggest you uncheck the box in front of "Registry Fix".

I could not add any exceptions to Ignore List -> Registry. Maybe someone reading this knows how to do this - it might solve out problems if we add to the exceptions all the registry keys dealing with problematic item (the camera in your case). Anyhow, you do not have to reinstall - just click on restore at the top of the window end select the restore point before the last scan.

Hi Peter

Did you read the previous post?

If you follow the link enoskype provided you will see that the most important place you have to add "problems" to the ignore list is in the system optimize section.

Please read the post

It is a very common mistake several users have made, so you would find numerous posts about this if you read through the forum, that is why we made a post where the usage of iobit Products is explained.

Please read!

Cheers

solbjerg

It seems ASC fools around too much with the registry. I had a similar problem with a Scanner! In my case the scanner reported, that it cannot scan, because my HD is full. I suggest you uncheck the box in front of "Registry Fix".

I could not add any exceptions to Ignore List -> Registry. Maybe someone reading this knows how to do this - it might solve out problems if we add to the exceptions all the registry keys dealing with problematic item (the camera in your case). Anyhow, you do not have to reinstall - just click on restore at the top of the window end select the restore point before the last scan.

Hi, Solbjerg,

I see now, that you cannot exclude specific registry keys, which is a pity. Specific problems, such as bakhta's or mine are caused (probably) by some specific keys having been "repaired" (Repaired? How? By deleting? By changing?) - it would not necessitate exclusion of one of the 16 categories listed!

And another registry thing: in you post you say for "Enable deep scan": 'Your preference, Function is adequately explained in the window'

The explanation says: '...identifies, suggests and repairs....' I have run it - no "suggestions" came up...

Something else. It would be nice to have some kind of a search engine in the forum. I am a beginner here and it was not easy to find the relevant entry in the relevant post...

All the best

PeterG

Hi Peter

As I said - I think the problem lies with the system optimizing under system advice, there one has to exclude the things one needs by placing them in the ignore list.

As for search - in the same thread there is an explanation of that function,

I grant you that it (the search) could have been more precise, but this is not the case at the moment.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, Solbjerg,

I see now, that you cannot exclude specific registry keys, which is a pity. Specific problems, such as bakhta's or mine are caused (probably) by some specific keys having been "repaired" (Repaired? How? By deleting? By changing?) - it would not necessitate exclusion of one of the 16 categories listed!

And another registry thing: in you post you say for "Enable deep scan": 'Your preference, Function is adequately explained in the window'

The explanation says: '...identifies, suggests and repairs....' I have run it - no "suggestions" came up...

Something else. It would be nice to have some kind of a search engine in the forum. I am a beginner here and it was not easy to find the relevant entry in the relevant post...

All the best

PeterG

Hi again Peter

In this case I think the easiest course of action is to install your webcam again, run the system advice scan and under system optimizing look at the "problems" before clicking repair and place the ones connected with the webcam in the ignore list by clicking ignore!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Peter

As I said - I think the problem lies with the system optimizing under system advice, there one has to exclude the things one needs by placing them in the ignore list.

As for search - in the same thread there is an explanation of that function,

I grant you that it (the search) could have been more precise, but this is not the case at the moment.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived