IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windoctor - does ASC do all that Windoctor does?

scanreg

I used norton systemworks for years especially for windoctor, which saved my butt several times.

Does ASC do all that windoctor does?

I think windoctor does registry stuff but I think it does a lot more.

Any thoughts most welcome, thanks

Norton

Hi scanreg-I'll say it does more-like bloating your system,slowing it down,getting it's hooks in so deep it interferes with software installations and generates tons of needless logs that you have to constantly delete.Other than that.....You'll be hard pressed to find any Symantec fans here.I've run Norton in the past and just recently finished a two month evaluation of the new 360 Beta,and couldn't wait to ditch it-which by the way is another undertaking altogether-there stuff just hooks itself in everywhere.But this is all just my opinion.

I'll say it does more-like bloating your system,slowing it down,getting it's hooks in so deep it interferes with software installations and generates tons of needless logs that you have to constantly delete.Other than that.....You'll be hard pressed to find any Symantec fans here.

Hi detailer

Just to be clear, do you mean that it is ASC that bloats things, slows, hooks? Or do you mean Symantec?

BTW, I just tried Nort 360........ugh.... :-)

Archived