IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet connection not recognized

N0b0dy

I have ASC 3.2.0 (the latest version). Whenever I try to update, it says "Please connect to the Internet first" - even when I AM connected to the Internet. Is there some setting I have to change? Do I have to re-redownload and re-reinstall (I just did that this week to try to fix the problem).

Hi Nobody,

I use Zone Alarm Pro, and ASC has never asked for server permissions, and also when I was using ZA free..

Remove ASC 3 and all the older ASCs and the updater from Zone Alarm and try again. Clickng and changing an alternative window in ZA will reveal the older versions.

Cheers.

Remove ASC 3 and all the older ASCs and the updater from Zone Alarm and try again. Clickng and changing an alternative window in ZA will reveal the older versions.

:-(There's no "alternative window" in ZA free. I'm searching my hard drive for any obsolete versions of ASC, but each time I updated it has told me it has to uninstall the old version, so there shouldn't be anything, right?

OK, so I deleted ACS from the program list in Zone Alarm (there was no alternative window showing older versions), restarted ACS, Zone Alarm asked about it, I clicked OK twice, and TA-DAAAA I can now update! Why this should work, I have no idea.

N0b0dy, good to hear that your problem is solved.

Sorry, I was not clear enough for the alternative window in ZA.

I wanted to mean, click a different option windows of ZA, such as Alerts & logs, and then click programs option again to see the program permissions.

If you had an older version of the removed program, the program permissios window will show the older version by this procedure.

Uninstalling a program will not clear it from within ZA program permissions list. If you have not removed all of the older installed programs from ZA, then they are still in the list .(only the most recent version used is shown unless it is not removed.)

I sometimes do the mistake of clicking the small alert window of ZA without checking if the checkbox is checked to use the command for further alerts of the same program, clicking either OK or Deny.

That may also be your case.

Enjoy the update anyway!!!.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived