IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Automatically remove residual files", means: all files the software modifies?!

I used iobit uninstaller to start to remove PicPic software. Then I see the option: "Automatically remove residual files", & I stopped the uninstall because I didn't know what this meant.   I would think this refers ONLY to program traces in the registry, but then I wondered:  I have setup the program to save all files/images I use the program to modify, on my D drive. (The program is installed on the C drive).  Does that mean it uninstalls all files the software modifies, like all .jpg or .png, etc. files I have modified with "THAT" program, located on the D drive? I realize it would uninstall all files saved within the program itself on the C drive. Thanks in advance for help

It only removes program related/dependent files. If you have saved files from the program to a separate directory or

drive, they will not be removed.

Also, if you are worried, then do not use the "Automatically remove residual files", function. Just uninstall the program

and you will be asked if you want to uninstall the residuals, and you will see a list of the residuals. Then you can decide

if you want to remove them.

• 7 months later...