IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Adv System Care Pro & Smart Defrag

CWBillow

I tried Smart Defrag first and was so satisfied that I bought into ACS Pro.

ACS has messages though, that if you want better defrag, then go to Smart Defrag.

Should I then disable the ACS defrag a,d run Smart Defrag in conjunction?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

Both are Good

Hi CWB-You don't have to disable it as it will keep your fragmentation in check if used with your regular maintenance scans.I do prefer to leave the defrag box unchecked in ASC's Diagnose System menu.and simply access SD from the Utilities/Tune-up menu @ once per week depending on my activities such as installation and removal of programs.It's up to you if you want to use it(ASC Defrag) to chip away at the fragmentation. I prefer this method as opposed to running the auto-defrag feature.A complete defrag and optimize is usually only a five to ten minute operation depending on your drive anyway,so just use SD once a week at the end of the day-you can even take advantage of the auto-shut down feature if you wish.

Archived