IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Scheduling issue...

I've seen a few threads on scheduling issues, but not one such as this. I have a few servers that we have installed Smart Defrag 1.11 on. If I log in as myself and set a scheduled defrag to run, it will remember that setting only until someone else logs into the server. The minute someone else logs into the server, the scheduled task will disappear. If that person happens to open Smart Defrag, then the default settings of 22:00 on Sundays every 2 weeks gets created again.

I am able to work around this by copying the config.ini file (and respective folder structure) from the Application Data folder in my profile to both the Default User profile folder (for any yet to login users) and to the Application Data folder of all users that have already logged into the server at some point.

Being that this config.ini file contains the scheduling information, is it possible to have a centralized copy of this file for the application to use? Possibly in either the All Users/Application Data folder, or in the application folder itself in Program Files?

If someone else has a better workaround, I'd be interested! Otherwise I guess this could be treated as a requested "fix" for a future release.

Thanks!

Well enoskype and Big Red

If I wanted anyone to run the applications, I would use just one account (administrator) on my computer (I do that anyway).

If I had some sensitive information/functions that I did not want others to use/see I would secure that program/file by giving it a password, so that I was the only one that could open it.

I don't even do that - everything on a computer can be found out anyway - and I do not write real secrets into a computer..

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Big Red,

A good workaround, I hope IObit takes that into consideration in their next release of SD.

With this workaround, users without admin rights won't be able to use it anyway.

Cheers.

Archived