IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Getting AWC and SmartDefrag off of my computer

moondancer

I made the mistake of installing these programs and now I can't get rid of them. I uninstalled them and they still keep trying to start. I uncheck them in msconfig, and the next time I start my computer they are back again. How do I get rid of these things?????????

Install them again, exit the programs including any related in System tray.

Kill all the processes related to ASC and SD.

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and clean the registry.

That's it, you are without IObit software.

You can read this post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.

At least you can post why you are getting rid of these things!!!!!!!!

I hope this is helpful.

Have a great day.

moondancer, I am sorry to say but this problem (if it is a problem, and I am sure that it is not a problem, but adjustments in options) is one of the easiest to solve of all the problems I have encountered up to now.

If you wish, you can try us, the users trying to help to other users, in this forum for the problems in IObit products.

Anyway, thank you for giving the reason for uninstalling.

Cheers.

Still here

I DID adjust the options. I adjusted MSCONFIG. I did everything. And I was wrong yesterday. These programs are still trying to start up, even thought they have been uninstalled. I run msconfig and even though I unchecked them, they are still here AND checked everytime I start my computer. So now what do I do?

I was hoping to get an answer to the above message. I am still getting frequent messages saying SmartDefrag and AWC have been blocked from starting up when my computer starts. Why are they STILL doing this when they have been uninstalled? This is why I got rid of them in the first place....because I did not want them to start automatically and they would not leave me alone. I was constantly getting these messages and wanted it to stop. I was really tired of getting these messages. Plus, getting these messages all the time slows my computer down. So now what?

moondancer, what is your OS and your user rights?

Did you use Revo Uninstaller with advanced registry cleaning when uninstalling?

Did you delete the folders of IObit from everywhere after uninstalling?

More information you give about your PC, easier for us to find a solution.

Cheers.

Hi moondancer

It sounds very strange. Do you have the program installed several places on your computer.

The usual uninstalling procedure doesn't need you to go into msconfig.

Would you please explain how you have gotten into that situation?

Very detailed and with everything you have done from the absolutely first install to date.

Cheers

solbjerg

I was hoping to get an answer to the above message. I am still getting frequent messages saying SmartDefrag and AWC have been blocked from starting up when my computer starts. Why are they STILL doing this when they have been uninstalled? This is why I got rid of them in the first place....because I did not want them to start automatically and they would not leave me alone. I was constantly getting these messages and wanted it to stop. I was really tired of getting these messages. Plus, getting these messages all the time slows my computer down. So now what?

I simply installed AWC. It would not stop automatically starting on my computer, and I had tried everything to make it stop, INCLUDING all the options. So I unstalled it, and the problems went on, and on, and on.....

I have windows XP and yes I used Revo uninstaller. Thanks.

OK moondancer, let's try this.

After making sure that there are no processes concerning IObit is running in Task Manager, and folders do not exist as below:

C:\Program Files\IObit

and

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\IObit

(You have to uncheck the relevant checkboxes to see the hidden files in Folder Options of Windows Explorer for this one)

Open your Registry Editor by typing regedit to Run in Start menu and clicking OK.

Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Right click on Smart Defrag in the right pane and select Delete on the menu to delete.

(Check if there is any other line concerning IObit on the right pane)

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Right click on Advanced SystemCare 3 in the right pane and select Delete on the menu to delete.

Right click on SmartRAM in the right pane and select Delete on the menu to delete

(Check if there is any other line concerning IObit on the right pane)

You may also search if anything is left of IObit in the Registry by using Find function.

Restart your PC.

Check the above Registry places if any of the above items exist.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Archived