IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE window's gone! (it's here & now it's not )

wildwillie

There's this strange window switch going on with my desktop. I'm using XP HomeEdition & Internet Explorer8.. (Same thing was happening with IE-6)

I open up a window... & maybe a new tab or more. No problem... but then if I open up a new window or two and I'm looking at the new window, browsing, perhaps typing a letter on my word processor prg...

(I could be typing or just sitting there reading)..

Suddenly without me doing anything... That window is gone & I'm looking at the first window.!

I can click on the window at the bottom that I was using & immediately go back to where I was, but then... wham.. gone again.

This happens quite often.. maybe after 1 minute or an hour.. it's like a random thing, but it's been doing this for several months.

Avira anti-virus, AVG, cleaners, or whatever I've used never finds or does anything to fix it.

I was hopefull that by uninstalling Explorer7 and then Installing Explorer8, it would cure this problem, but I was wrong?

Anyone any ideas..? Any kind of a setting I can find somewhere? :?

P.S. While I'm making this post (in a new window), I got zapped back to the first window 4 times.

Willie-Yeah,I know.But you had this problems since SP2 running IE6? You may have to go the long route.Uninstall IE8,SP3,and patches,roll the media player back to original version.Everything you can to get back to SP2 status so you can run that disk from the repair console-chkdsk /r and /p.If that fails,you'll be in a position to use the disk for a "repair install". I know those aren't recommended,but it's that or delete and go clean.Sounds like something was corrupted a while back and you just brought it along in the clone.I was checking MS bulletins and it looks like some sort of HTML problem,but nothing clear enough to help.Why not a new version of Firefox? Just came out! Sorry,couldn't resist.

you're probably right

I'll probably end up following your suggestions, but 1st, I'm gonna make a BU with Macrium.. then try to reinstall it to a new drive. (The clone I have was made with Acronis.) And on my other desktop, I'm running a backup/restore made with Macrium, and even with a few Macrium bugs, I like it better.

Once I BU this one, I'll feel safer to git after it. :smile:

I Recently had big booting problems with this desktop, & finally when nothing else worked, I used the XP disk, but I had not uninstalled IE, etc. So the problem was still with me.

Your idea sounds good.. Thanks!

P.S. Firefox?... haha.. I've used it... I didn't like the way favorites/bookmarks were handled, but I may mess with it some more.

Hi wildwillie,

Since you are on the verge of reinstalling your OS, you will not loose anything trying Dial-a-fix [v0.60.0.24] .

Please read the whole page.

You may have to uninstall IE8 first.

It is a stand alone aplication, and without installer. Extract the files before running to the same folder of your choise since you use XP Home.

Click the hammer figured button after running it.

Choose Repair/reinstall IE in the opened "Dial-a-fix : Tools" window.

Read and note the text in the bottom pane.

Follow the instructions.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Archived