IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Media Keys

Hey there,

First off I love the program. There is however one thing that I can't quite figure out. Every time I switch to the gaming mode, all of my media keys at the top of my keyboard stop working. This makes it a bit hard to adjust volume in-game, especially since some games do not work too well with alt+tabbing.

I suspect this is one of the services that the program halts, but which service should I de-select to re enable my media keys?

Solution: After a bit of playing around, you have to uncheck "Human Interface Device Access".

• 1 month later...

Wanted to post a followup to this.

Every time that you reload the program, all of the items are automatically selected. Human Interface is the only one I want unchecked, but it gets tedious that I have to redo it every time I restart the program. It would be nice to have it either saved or do a profile system in the next installment.

There's Hope

McPants-I believe the GB file can be modified to change this behavior.I also believe Enoskype found a solution to a similar issue through file and registry mods. I can't seem to find the thread.Please check back as "the Master" has yet to reply to this thread.

Hi McPants,

Let's try this.

Open the Gamebooster.ini file in main GB folder with notepad.

Change the line:

Human Interface Device Access=Checked

to

Human Interface Device Access=Unchecked

and Save the file.

When you open the Game Booster , Human Interface Device Access should be unchecked.

Switch to Gaming Mode, Human Interface Device Access should be working.

Back to Normal mode, and the checkbox should be seen as unchecked.

Exit GB, restart GB, the checkbox should be sen as unchecked.

It is not different than manually unchecking the checkboxes anyway.

If yours is not behaving like that, then I would recommend a clean uninstall and a clean reinstall.

Those prosedures are explained in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread in Lounge section.

Hi detailer, c'mon, I am still a learning user, and always will be.:razz:

Cheers.

Archived