IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Just curious

vman

Linux

No-But I am seriously considering a dual boot system as I partitioned my hard drive to allow for it during my last OS reinstall.I'd like to see a demo first,but I've read a lot of good things-not prone to infection-needs no defragging-etc.Look into Ubuntu-totally free and includes FF browser.

Sure, made a partition and trying out ubuntu, prior to fixing old laptop and

getting it running. am a real noob, though

Ditto, but i want to be able to take DSL and somehow find a way to install XP apps, such as super antispyware and such, and use those to fix a regular computer, all on a single cd. DSL is damn small linux, which is 50mb. Dont know if i can, but hey its worth a try...

Gotcha-So under My Computer,it is shown as a separate entry-but if you open C:, is it there as well?-aside from the set up file,which I assume would be under program files if that's where you normally download to.Not meaning to be a PITA,I'm really interested in going this route.

No, i do not think it is in the C drive. Just try it out and see for yourself, its really sweet.

http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/download/ubuntupocketguide-v1-1.zip

There's like a good starting guide for ubuntu. Also, I think that it is in it's own partition, but if you use their "wubi?" leaves like an uninstallerand some other stuff on the c: drive. I totally agree vman, very fast load up, Really simple easy to use drop down menus, is really great. D:

Some apps install automatically, opening up with firefox and all...but there are other programs that you must download, open up with the terminal using sudo app something something, i dont know but yes its a bit more complex...but MUCH more safer.

Thanks for the info deville-have much experience with it(Linux)? Checked some screenshots-looks like it's a whole different language,and installing programs appears a bit confusing,at least to me.

Hey Detailer;

No, still pretty much a newbie on this. Yes, it is totally different, but then

learning windows was a chore, at least for me. You know, gonna have to look into, if I can sync my windows mobile pda with the linux calendar.

http://www.getdeb.net/, is another place to find software and stuff

Archived