IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Prefetch

I know that Windows 'Prefetch' is supposed to pre-load frequently used programs at start up in the background thereby reducing application time.

For the past couple of weeks my applications load very slowly. I wonder of Advanced System Care is either precventing 'prefetch' or 'cleaning' it.

Any ideas anyone?

I am using Advanced System Care PRO version 3.2.0

Hi Tony

Ccleaner way back did have the setting to clean out the prefetch files, but this is no longer so.

Windows decides how the prefetch files should be handled.

I think the problem must rest elsewhere

First thing that came into my mind was how your DNS settings are in services. You could try running it automatic and see if that helps - if it does you have to place it in the ignore list then when you run a scan after this.

services.msc in Run opens services.

Cheers

solbjerg

I know that Windows 'Prefetch' is supposed to pre-load frequently used programs at start up in the background thereby reducing application time.

For the past couple of weeks my applications load very slowly. I wonder of Advanced System Care is either precventing 'prefetch' or 'cleaning' it.

Any ideas anyone?

I am using Advanced System Care PRO version 3.2.0

Hi Tony

You could try to restart the DNS as automatic, - when you after this run a cleaning in ASC you will notice that System Optimization will show "Problems". (Don't use the Care button but the other two options) You click on "Problems" and find the "Problem" in question, click on that and choose Ignore, this will place it in the Ignore List.

Good idea to read the whole thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

About the slowing down - you could try this:

Performance

"Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer"

This window can be reached by writing sysdm.cpl in "Run" and then choosing the tab Advanced and the button Performance - Settings

Or you can right click My Computer, choose Properties - the tab Advanced and the button Settings in the Performance section.

(this above paragraph was copied from Usage of IObit Products)

After this when you run an ASC cleaning you have to check for "Problems" again and place those you do not want changed in the Ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Many thanks. I have checked as you suggested. DNS is on automatic. How do I place it on the ignore list, which is currently empty? I tired to type it in but it does not accept anything.

Archived