IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto defrag

Hi athiwatc

For the automatic function to work the program should start up with Windows, but it does not need to be in the systemtray when not running.

You can configure what is shown in the systemtray by right clicking Start choose properties and tab taskbar and settings and choose the icon to be always hidden.

Please read: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11683#post11683

Cheers

solbjerg

For it to work does Smart defrag need to be running or I can just close it.

By close I mean not in the not in the system tray(completely close)

Hi athiwatc

Before running the programs please read the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

My advice is to keeps both programs, you have more options that way, in the setting you have the possibility to use the SmartDefrag in ASC too or use the built in function of the program, your preference.

But read the mentioned thread to learn about the programs.

Cheers

solbjerg

And I just got the Advance systemcare PRO.

It already have a defrag function do I need to install both or delete one?

I am so confuse now

Hi athiwatc

Hopefully someone from IObit will read your praise :-)

The defrag function in ASC only defrags, - in SmartDefrag there is also a couple of optimize functions.

But please read Usage of IObit Products to avoid making mistakes!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks you guys make great product!

The defrag function in ASC only defrags, -

Hi solbjerg,

FYI, since athiwatc is using ASC PRO, the defrag function in ASC PRO not only "only defrags", but can make a "Smart Defragment" (read the Smart Defragment definition in "Disk Defragment" section of Options in ASC) also.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Thanks - perhaps I am a little outdated

Perhaps if you do not choose to tick the option to use SmartDefrag?

At least the SmartDefrag link in the folder of ASC is still shown as version 1.0.0.10? Which is about the first official (non-beta) version?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

FYI, since athiwatc is using ASC PRO, the defrag function in ASC PRO not only "only defrags", but can make a "Smart Defragment" (read the Smart Defragment definition in "Disk Defragment" section of Options in ASC) also.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Additionally if you have the default setting it will start the defrag at 10% fragmentation, where I myself would run a "just defrag" first.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I am not sure that 10% isn't a "leftover" setting I have had earlier, sorry!

So its fine right if I set Smart Defrag to auto defrag and ASC Pro to defrag with smart when frag is over 10%?

Anyway you guys should put all off this in to one product and sell it I will be buying it XD

Hi enoskype

Additionally if you have the default setting it will start the defrag at 10% fragmentation, where I myself would run a "just defrag" first.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I am not sure that 10% isn't a "leftover" setting I have had earlier, sorry!

Yes enoskype - I retract the 10% I mentioned before - the recommended setting is "Always defrag"

I think the 10% is a setting I have had before and forgotten about, sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi athiwatc,

It is fine, but in that case, ASC Pro Smart Defrag, when the frag is over 10%, will never defrag.

BTW, I think, the default value for defrag in ASC is "Always defrag".

Archived