IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Need a lil' help here, 'puleeeze'

SirVertual

Heyall...

I'm upgrading my son's Dell Dimension workstation (a 'used' 2nd hard drive, video card, wireless card, etc, etc)...yeah!?,hehe...

At any rate...it's previous location allowed it to become somewhat of a 'roomate-community computer'...and the Main (C:/) drive is loaded with issues...I've found and deleted several Trojan files (found by AVG), but there's still issues...It won't let me load AWC (from a downloaded/burned copy on disc), receiving error messages: 'files are missing, etc', ...

ALSO, it won't let me 'reformat-wipe-delete, etc' SEVERAL of the files off the 'used' SATA 2nd hard drive (F:/ drive) that I've installed...Although, the used (F:/) drive doesn't show any more errors, I sill want his system to have AWC installed, so he can keep it as clean as possible without much effort...

If anyone could help me with 'HOW TO' get a copy installed from the download on the disc drive...(and if possible, how I can clean off the 2nd drive completely...just for added space for images, etc)...WOULD BE MOST APPECIATED!...I am really beyond my capabilities....So again, THANKS AGAIN for any sincere advice...

T~

Hi SirVertual,

You can find all the detailed information for the mentioned below in the Forum.

Please read all the posts in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread.

------------------------------------

First go to an online virus cleaning, and be sure that your drive C: is clean from viruses, malware, and spyware. In the mean time use a Root malware cleaner.

Do a command prompt chkdsk /R command. Restart PC.

Perform a sfc /scannow command. Make your OS installaton CD ready if you are asked to use it.

You must purge DLLCACHE folder before sfc command, as the PC is used as a community computer before.

Now, you can download and install ASC from here. Then you can use it. Please don't forget to look into details before Repair!!!

Secondly, format your F: drive by going to:

"Computer Management" window=>click "Disk Management"=>Right click on Disk x (Drive F:)=>click "Format"=>choose File system as "NTFS" on "Format F:" window=>Name the drive=>click "OK"

ALL THESE MAY SOUND TOO TECHNICAL TO YOU, BUT PLEASE POST BACK FOR THE QUESTIONS, AS THERE ARE VERY HELPFUL USERS IN THE FORUM.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers.

Archived