IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare Free and IE 8

duckprez

I tried to use this program repeatedly, but when I did, the one click maintenance would cause all the secure websites I use to pay various bills to stop operating properly. Actually wouldn't let me log in to any of the sites and some wouldn't even start. This seemed to happen with all my favorites. After many restores I finally discovered the problem was with the spyware database for SystemCare. I also have SpyBlaster and SystemCare always added more protection than SpyBlaster and than the favorites problem would arise. IE 7 had no problem running with SystemCare, only IE 8, and not the beta version. There are almost 2000 additional entries in Systemcare and I never could find the ones causing the problem in IE 8. Did anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you fix it? Or like me did you just dump SystemCare.

Hi duckprez

Please read this thread.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried to use this program repeatedly, but when I did, the one click maintenance would cause all the secure websites I use to pay various bills to stop operating properly. Actually wouldn't let me log in to any of the sites and some wouldn't even start. This seemed to happen with all my favorites. After many restores I finally discovered the problem was with the spyware database for SystemCare. I also have SpyBlaster and SystemCare always added more protection than SpyBlaster and than the favorites problem would arise. IE 7 had no problem running with SystemCare, only IE 8, and not the beta version. There are almost 2000 additional entries in Systemcare and I never could find the ones causing the problem in IE 8. Did anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you fix it? Or like me did you just dump SystemCare.

I also had a problem with IE7&8 with ASC3.2. As soon as I ran ASC3.2, I could no longer acess my bank website with IE8 or 7. I would have to remove IE8 and go back to IE7 and then reset IE7 to correct the problem. The only difference between IE7 reset and IE8 reset is manufacurer settings. IE7 resets manufacturer settings, IE8 doesn't. I can always acess the bank websites with FireFox.

I have a Dell Dimension E510(5150) with Vista Home Premiium.

Gordon

• 3 weeks later...

I also had a problem with IE8 crashing when I tried to access a site I use frequently. I followed the instructions to install "DelDomains.inf" shown on http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm and the problem disappeared. I don't know where the problem restricted sites came from (eg. Spybot S&D or ASC) but I was able to use the ASC Security Defense to reinstall restricted sites that did not crash IE8.

Archived