IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error when turning on Game Mode

Today I tried to turn on game mode and I got this error that is not allowing me to go into game mode that's called : "Unable to Write C:/...gamebooster.ini"

Is there any way of fixing this because this issue just started for me today and I've been using the beta 4 version for a couple days already with no problem till now.

Hi Dante

What does the gamebooster.ini file say if you open it in the folder?

Cheers

solbjerg

Today I tried to turn on game mode and I got this error that is not allowing me to go into game mode that's called : "Unable to Write C:/...gamebooster.ini"

Is there any way of fixing this because this issue just started for me today and I've been using the beta 4 version for a couple days already with no problem till now.

Hi Dante

For some reason that .ini file isn't there then.

Please try a clean Install.

Read about it in Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11665#post11665

If you had the program on another computer you would have been able to copy the file and move it into you gamebooster folder, but as it is it sounds like the easiets course seems to be a clean install.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well actually there isn't a file called gamebooster.ini in the game booster folder. So I'm not why it's having a problem writing it.

I just tried extracting the file into my main game booster file and turned on game mode. It gets as far as "turning off intelligent transfer service" which is the first thing it tries to stop, but it gets stuck there and doesn't progress to turning off the other unnecessary processes.

Hi Dante

Could you provide us with your services list?

Open services and export the list.

Cheers

solbjerg

I just tried extracting the file into my main game booster file and turned on game mode. It gets as far as "turning off intelligent transfer service" which is the first thing it tries to stop, but it gets stuck there and doesn't progress to turning off the other unnecessary processes.

Archived