IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC3 killing/slowing network printing

I've recently upgraded to Pro from Free. Free worked great, pro not so much, so far.

After upgrade and auto clean. Both network printer connections died. I have a Brother MFC 8860DN and an HP LaserJet 2600N but printing over a network.

Initially Brother Control Center app would not load at startup b/c of registry error. I've fixed that through a reinstall and setting up ignore for all issues after install. Auto Clean is off for now.

Still cannot print to HP. Brother printer is sporatic. After a few minutes it will fnally print a single page. Before upgrade printing to both was almost instant, maybe a 20 sec. delay. Now it takes minutes before printing and in some cases I'm only getting a partial page. In other cases the print queue shows a print error, but if left alone it will finally print. On the HP the print queue when left alone after error, it clears out but does not print a document.

Please help.

Hi HuntleyHillsDawg

The reason for this is probably that you haven't placed any "problems" in the "Ignore list".

Please read the thread USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS in the Lounge section - you can find some recommandations there for resolving your problem.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've recently upgraded to Pro from Free. Free worked great, pro not so much, so far.

After upgrade and auto clean. Both network printer connections died. I have a Brother MFC 8860DN and an HP LaserJet 2600N but printing over a network.

Initially Brother Control Center app would not load at startup b/c of registry error. I've fixed that through a reinstall and setting up ignore for all issues after install. Auto Clean is off for now.

Still cannot print to HP. Brother printer is sporatic. After a few minutes it will fnally print a single page. Before upgrade printing to both was almost instant, maybe a 20 sec. delay. Now it takes minutes before printing and in some cases I'm only getting a partial page. In other cases the print queue shows a print error, but if left alone it will finally print. On the HP the print queue when left alone after error, it clears out but does not print a document.

Please help.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem

Every time I run the registry cleaner, it wipes out my settings for my Brother printer and the ControlCenter, which runs the scanner. I've gone through and tried to put all the problems into the Ignore List, but it doesn't seem to take them. Most of the problems are missing shared DLLs. I've right-clicked on them individually, it didn't save them in the ignore list. I've tried to do it as a group, didn't work. I tried to save them, exit ASV, turn it back on, still doesn't work.

Help??

unchecking "Shared Files"

Hi lbulmer,

Since most of the problems are missing shared DLLs, what does the Details: Registry Fix window of "... problems found" show about shared DDLs when you uncheck the "Shared Files" under -Scan For- in Registry Fix section in the main Options: Registry Fix window before Scan of Registry Fix and how does your PC behave after Repair with that condition?

After you choose "Ignore Selected Problem" for an item, will you please check if it is shown in the Ignore List under Registry Fix tab.

Cheers.

Hi. I didn't realize you could uncheck the missing shared dll scan. I did that. The PC seems to work fine after doing a scan with that unchecked.

None of the missing shared DLLs that I added to the ignore list are there. I've run the scan (with the shared checked on the options) a number of times and tried to add them to the ignore list. It just doesn't save them as ignored.

Thanks for the screenshot lbulmer,

One thing I find hard to understand that why those shared DLLs are kept under Temp directory of the Local settings. Even if you used CCleaner, they would have been deleted.

Also I have noticed that you use 64xbit version of XP which I don't have, so this, not keeping in the Ignore List, may be a bug of ASC for 64 bit OSs.

Cheers.

Well, I don't understand any of it. If unchecking the shared DLLs keeps ASC from deleting my printer keys and keeps me from having to reinstall it all the time, then I'll go with the "ignorance is bliss" route.

Thanks for your help.

Archived