IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Backup

Miles

I do not use WindowsXP System Restore because I discovered several years ago that it all to frequently failed.

Installed ASC Free and ran Junk File Clean and removed 2 files. However, entry is not seen in the folder ... ASC\Backup. And I don't find anywhere in setup to turn it on.

The only entry there is one for the reg (& I don't even recall having done that because I could find such a file 1st).

Curious as to why it doesn't put such a backup into the Program Files/IObit/backup folder, let alone the others I've cleaned up such as spyware, privacy, & junk are not seen there in either folder.

found the reg backup where you said it would be, but no other backups such as junk files which as I previously mentioned 2 were deleted. Where are they to be found? (And the backup folder in Program Files/IObit is empty.)

Guess I hadn't clicked on Restore for fear it would auto restore! And now that I've done that do in fact see the 2 files. But what are they? Can't find a method to access them in ASC, nor in System Restore which may or may not include them. Have tried opening System Restore (haven't yet canceled it's usage until this is satisfied).

Hi Miles

I wonder if it restores junk files - if you are sufficiently interested, try restoring and check if the junk files were restored.

When running a scan try clicking on the "problems" it shows and view them, - there at least you get a kind of report of what is considered junk. :-)

(don't use the Care button but the Maintain Windows and the Diagnose System for this operation)

Please read Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section of the forum.

Cheers

solbjerg

Guess I hadn't clicked on Restore for fear it would auto restore! And now that I've done that do in fact see the 2 files. But what are they? Can't find a method to access them in ASC, nor in System Restore which may or may not include them. Have tried opening System Restore (haven't yet canceled it's usage until this is satisfied).

Presumably restoration of individual junk files can be accomplished within the program, but cannot view what each individual files was beforehand. These 2 were accidentally deleted and that's why they weren't first reviewd. They are of no consequence at this late date, but wouldn't want to use this feature again unless the contents of each could be individually viewed and undone.

Hi Miles

If you click the Tools command in the Start window, you can configure your settings.

When you are running a scan and click on "problems" a window comes up, where you in the lower left corner can get to a window that addresses some of the issues you mention.

As far as I remember this is explained in Usage of IObit Products - is something missing?

What were the files that you wanted to exclude? Cookies?

Cheers

solbjerg

Presumably restoration of individual junk files can be accomplished within the program, but cannot view what each individual files was beforehand. These 2 were accidentally deleted and that's why they weren't first reviewd. They are of no consequence at this late date, but wouldn't want to use this feature again unless the contents of each could be individually viewed and undone.

Thanks for the info and I've researched a few more fields. Will again check out the details with the next run in about a month -- right now everything is clean. Only thing I don't understand is why each time the reg is scanned it turns up with new entries even though virtually nothing has been done on the computer. And the items found usually are not relevant to any programs opened since the last scan.

Hi Miles

After a scan, some items that were dependent on those cleaned will show up as "problems", futhermore my guess is that some tracking cookies leave some traces in the registry too, and the least activity on the computer often generates logfiles, that later is deleted as trash, which leaves the recording of the now delete file sitting in the registry.

Plus probably several more thing I haven't thought of. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the info and I've researched a few more fields. Will again check out the details with the next run in about a month -- right now everything is clean. Only thing I don't understand is why each time the reg is scanned it turns up with new entries even though virtually nothing has been done on the computer. And the items found usually are not relevant to any programs opened since the last scan.

You are welcome Miles!

If you think of something that you think is missing in the thread Usage of IObit Products please let us know so that the "manual" can become as useful as possible.

Write it yourself maybe - and I will add it in an appropriate place in the thread. It can be posted in the thread About the use of IObit Products - or for that matter anywhere.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'll watch that closely in the future scans and see which can be identified with a previous scan or a program or log, etc.

Thanks again,

Miles

Archived