IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

system32 repair

bikrdad

Not Good

bikrdad-Sounds to me like it's what you've got(a virus) and not what you're missing. Normally the "scm" would stand for system control manager.But as near as I can tell, there is no such file in my system 32,nor is there simply a system\32.exe file either.I've looked through them all and performed a search-nothing.Pertaining to the possibility of a virus, I found this posted on another forum.See if you can download and install this bug finder.If you have trouble,then it's almost certain to be an infection,in which case,boot up into safe mode with networking and try the download/install and run it from there if successful.The other thing you can try first(if it's not a virus) is-Start>Run>type in cmd and hit OK.At the prompt,type in this: chkdsk /r and hit the enter key.Type Y for yes>enter. Then your PC will reboot and run a check of all the relevant system files and attempt to repair any that are corrupt or damaged.Your PC will automatically boot into normal mode at the end of the scan-and no,you won't get any results unless you access performance/events/applications.Be sure to leave a space between k and r when entering the command chkdsk /r

Archived