IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

shortcut fixer

BigMar0747

I recently used the shortcut fixer on Advanced system care . When I went to the start menu and clicked on "MY computer" and then clicked "Drive C' there was nothing there. No more program files, documents, settings etc; no list whatso ever. Can I get it all back?:-( Help

Hi BigMar

There seems to be a problem there, the program says it will delete them to the Recycle bin - but doesn't do so.

When you were using the shortcut fixer, did you then check the description of the "problem" before placing a checkmark in it?

If you use Windows Explorer (write explorer in Run) do you then see all your files?

If you want to use both belt and suspenders you should find the shortcut in question right click on it and choose Properties and then click find the folder and see if the address is the same as in the shortcut.

You could try using the Windows Restore facility, I suspect it is the only way to maybe fix that now.

%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe in Run

Cheers

solbjerg

I recently used the shortcut fixer on Advanced system care . When I went to the start menu and clicked on "MY computer" and then clicked "Drive C' there was nothing there. No more program files, documents, settings etc; no list whatso ever. Can I get it all back?:-( Help

Archived