IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

File name output problem

I am using Russian language interface. When disk is defragmenting, and some folder name contains ampersand symbol (&), then it is displayed incorrectly in "status line": ampersand is not shown, but the next symbol is underscored.

Version installed 1.11 on WinXP SP3.

Hi Mike

Please provide a screenshot, for better understanding of the problem, in the meantime I will try to change my settings to Russian interface.

Have now tried that:

I have no problems with the Russian language in SmartDefrag the ambersand & is doing what it is supposed to do placing a shortcut by hitting the underscored letter on the keyboard.

The language file in ASC though wasn't shown in Russian by me, but after I repaired it and saved it in unicode coding it did show Russian characters. If you have problems with that, I have made a zip file with the russian language file in unicode coding, which I can attach if need be.

The translation is missing some lines though, and there is a problem with "Message" LanChecker says.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am using Russian language interface. When disk is defragmenting, and some folder name contains ampersand symbol (&), then it is displayed incorrectly in "status line": ampersand is not shown, but the next symbol is underscored.

Version installed 1.11 on WinXP SP3.

Hi, solbjerg.

The folder name enclosed in red oval on screenshot is realy "F:\Amersand&Test\". It is displayed as "F:\AmersanTest\". The file name on hdd stays ok after defrag. So its a minor bug, just visual. And likely no matter what language is used.

Hi Mike

Please provide a screenshot, for better understanding of the problem, in the meantime I will try to change my settings to Russian interface.

Have now tried that:

I have no problems with the Russian language in SmartDefrag the ambersand & is doing what it is supposed to do placing a shortcut by hitting the underscored letter on the keyboard.

The language file in ASC though wasn't shown in Russian by me, but after I repaired it and saved it in unicode coding it did show Russian characters. If you have problems with that, I have made a zip file with the russian language file in unicode coding, which I can attach if need be.

The translation is missing some lines though, and there is a problem with "Message" LanChecker says.

Cheers

solbjerg

Normally, in programming languages, The "&" sign is written as an Underline for the next letter of text and that is what is happening on your system. I am sure it does the same in any language. ( not absolute )

As an Example You see at the top left of IE "File" note the underline.

I Program Buttons like this GUICtrlCreateButton("&Button")

It shows as "Button"

8)

OK Mike

It is a showing of a file on your F: drive where SmartDefrag "translate" the & into _ an undescore of the following letter, - a very minor "bug" I think. It should not do it there I think, while it should just show the files in question being defragged, but it uses its in-built translation to make the Amersand&Test into AmersanTest, the original filename is not affected. Pehaps If the filename had been Amersand &Test it would have been shown as AmersandTest :-), and ought in reality on the F: drive to be called Ambersand &Test :-) I suppose.

In the function Amersand&Test → AmersandT the Alt+T command on the keyboard will start the test if you are in the right menu

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg.

The folder name enclosed in red oval on screenshot is realy "F:\Amersand&Test\". It is displayed as "F:\AmersanTest\". The file name on hdd stays ok after defrag. So its a minor bug, just visual. And likely no matter what language is used.

Normaly it is used in resoures called MENUS and in DIALOGBOXES to activate approriate command by pressing a combination ALT+UnderlinedSymbol. But not in status of file name being proccessed. So, go and study, and once again.

Normally, in programming languages, The "&" sign is written as an Underline for the next letter of text and that is what is happening on your system. I am sure it does the same in any language. ( not absolute )

I Program Buttons like this GUICtrlCreateButton("&Button")

It shows as "Button"

8)

Sure, its "very minor", because i have 2 of such folders among few hundred thousands on my hdds.

Is the GUI writen in Delphi? Please, pay your attenion at the properties of object that was used for output of filenames during defrag :)

Best regards,

Mike.

OK Mike

It is a showing of a file on your F: drive where SmartDefrag "translate" the & into _ an undescore of the following letter, - a very minor "bug" I think. It should not do it there I think, while it should just show the files in question being defragged, but it uses its in-built translation to make the Amersand&Test into AmersanTest, the original filename is not affected. Pehaps If the filename had been Amersand &Test it would have been shown as AmersandTest :-), and ought in reality on the F: drive to be called Ambersand &Test :-) I suppose.

In the function Amersand&Test → AmersandT the Alt+T command on the keyboard will start the test if you are in the right menu

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok Mike

Impressive that you noticed it!

But do we need to elaborate on this anymore? :-)

My guess is that somone from IObit has seen this tread already, and are aware of the "problem" - I suppose they will get around to it some day, when they have nothing better to do :-)

cheers

solbjerg

Normaly it is used in resoures called MENUS and in DIALOGBOXES to activate approriate command by pressing a combination ALT+UnderlinedSymbol. But not in status of file name being proccessed. So, go and study, and once again.

And another "very very minor" :)

When disk is defragmenting and you touch nothing the proccess indicator colored purple ("Moving to") on the disk map goes ok. But if you change to "Options" and the back to "Defrag Now" it starts at last (or current) place. ;-)

Hi Mike

A quick search for Delphi gave these links:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1041&highlight=delphi

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2191&highlight=delphi

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2239&highlight=delphi

Please read this too

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=13925#post13925

Cheers

solbjerg

Sure, its "very minor", because i have 2 of such folders among few hundred thousands on my hdds.

Is the GUI writen in Delphi? Please, pay your attenion at the properties of object that was used for output of filenames during defrag :)

Best regards,

Mike.

Hi Mike

Probably very few outside the programmers at IObit knows the parameters used in the defragmentation.

I certainly don't :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

And another "very very minor" :)

When disk is defragmenting and you touch nothing the proccess indicator colored purple ("Moving to") on the disk map goes ok. But if you change to "Options" and the back to "Defrag Now" it starts at last (or current) place. ;-)

for your benefit...

Just where do you think think I said it was, is that a MENU oh.. gee, yes it is!

Did you notice I used as example of a button creation?

Well, that's because I am a programmer.

Maybe you should have checked out what I created below, before saying "I" need go and study, and once again.

Maybe that's you in need of.

for your benefit...

8)

Valuater

8)

"Normally, in programming languages, The "&" sign is written as an Underline for the next letter"

it is NOT USED. .............EDITED..................

for your benefit...

Just where do you think think I said it was, is that a MENU oh.. gee, yes it is!

Did you notice I used as example of a button creation?

Well, that's because I am a programmer.

Maybe you should have checked out what I created below, before saying "I" need go and study, and once again.

Maybe that's you in need of.

for your benefit...

Valuater

8)

Archived