IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem or coincidence with Firefox

coder

After just downloading Advanced SystemCare I ran it and let it clean and fix what it found and told me were issues it found.

Curiously, just after that, Firefox 3.0.1 on that same machine, no longer seems to want to load images.

I've tried to restart it and even re-installed it. I've rebooted the machine, but no luck.

I've checked the same sites against IE and it does still load the images.

Just now I've noticed that the look of the 'Game' window has also changed drastically from what it was. What else I may find I have no idea, but I am getting more and more concerned. There is very little else I did between the cleanup and noticing the 'problem'.

Is there any 'undo' facility available for Systemcare??

BTW, I am running Vista 64-bit Home Premium.

Needless to say, I won't be running Systemcare again - at least not until I get a satisfactory explanation for this 'problem'.:cry:

After doing a system restore, both of the 'problem' noted above are gone and things are back to normal.

Systemcare is no longer on my machine

Hi coder

Please read the manual and the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section of this forum.

Your "problems" probably mainly stemmed from not placing any of the found "problems" in the ignore list - especially under System Optimize.

Cheers

solbjerg

After just downloading Advanced SystemCare I ran it and let it clean and fix what it found and told me were issues it found.

Curiously, just after that, Firefox 3.0.1 on that same machine, no longer seems to want to load images.

I've tried to restart it and even re-installed it. I've rebooted the machine, but no luck.

I've checked the same sites against IE and it does still load the images.

Just now I've noticed that the look of the 'Game' window has also changed drastically from what it was. What else I may find I have no idea, but I am getting more and more concerned. There is very little else I did between the cleanup and noticing the 'problem'.

Is there any 'undo' facility available for Systemcare??

BTW, I am running Vista 64-bit Home Premium.

Needless to say, I won't be running Systemcare again - at least not until I get a satisfactory explanation for this 'problem'.:cry:

After doing a system restore, both of the 'problem' noted above are gone and things are back to normal.

Systemcare is no longer on my machine

Thank you for the advise to RTFM ;-)

But ... IMHO, and from what I just read of others with similar problems, I am concluding that the problem is indeed with ASC, if only because you've obviously made it far too easy for ordinary users to really get into trouble.

If there are things which ought to be in the 'ignore' list, then that is where ASC should keep them. It is not exactly reasonable to depend on users to read - and understand well enough all of the implications of TFM - in order to use your program.

As it stands, I would not trust myself to understand all of the nuances and thus for me the most reliable way on this issue is to rather live with the shortcomings of _not_ using your program, rather than accept the risks its use quite obviously implies.

The main reason I used ASC and trusted it a bit more was because of the locations I originally found it: cnet and techrepublic.

Once burned, twice shy :x

Archived